Hint for Waldo

1235719

Comments

  • edited August 2018

    id like to know what exactly the php code is doing behind the scenes. I don't know what to research in google if I don't know the name of the function...etc

    edit: i figured out how to read the source code of those files. thanks finrir!

  • If anyone need hints, pm me.

  • Iv'e never dealt with docker containers... anybody got some good reference material on this I could read?

  • Wasting far too much time on this one

    Need a decent solid hint on how to read the file under /etc/

    Used a certain file + burp to forceably traverse / READ folders so i can now see where i need to be but no amount of changing variables etc seems to work.(and examples from hours of googling dont seem to work either)

    ZaphodBB

  • @ZaphodBB said:
    Wasting far too much time on this one

    Need a decent solid hint on how to read the file under /etc/

    Used a certain file + burp to forceably traverse / READ folders so i can now see where i need to be but no amount of changing variables etc seems to work.(and examples from hours of googling dont seem to work either)

    have you got a shell yet? or are you talking about priv esc?

  • Just getting initial foothold - unless Im completly mistaken and I'm barking up the wrong tree, it seems to me like the detaisl for initial users are gained by directory traversal - php explitation.

    ZaphodBB

  • how can version 0.1 read root's file while not even suid any keyword to research on please?

    Hack The Box

    Hack The Box

  • Finally got user.txt ... What a pain i was trying the right thing the whole time besides one character...

    Mochan

    Checkout my Dropbox of Goodies >> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ba0t59c5fnccgms/AACvUbUSflWB1_AAgj8okEUra?dl=0

    [CCNA R&S] [OSCP - In Progress] [Security+ - In Progress]

  • what the heck is .restrictSXXXXX.sh? im in unfamiliar territory

  • Rooted, special thanks to loln00b for the hint was really helpful thanks mate.

  • Got root, many thanks to mcruz for you hints.

  • @flipflop139874 said:
    Got root, many thanks to mcruz for you hints.

    You are welcome.

  • Now after I rooted it - I realize that this was / would have been the best hint ;-)

    @xontrompalas said:
    Hint for root: There is a specific file that expresses a very weird behavior. Only capable and potent hackers can find out why.

    But I haven't got the message before reading and learning a lot about what I obviously did not know about Linux!

  • edited August 2018

    I'm stuck at the directory traversal. I know the search and replace pattern, but can't break outside varwww... pm me hints please before I pull all my hair. If someone can only pm me the syntax to get to var, I'll figure out the rest!

  • @berthaz said:
    I'm stuck at the directory traversal. I know the search and replace pattern, but can't break outside varwww... pm me hints please before I pull all my hair. If someone can only pm me the syntax to get to var, I'll figure out the rest!

    Check your messages for a hint - after much hair pulling I've sussed it

    ZaphodBB

  • edited August 2018

    I got root with a hint now, but no idea how this works. Anybody who can share me a link via PM for an explanation or better who can have a short chat about that?

    Thanks in advance!

  • Can someone PM me with ahint for root????

    H4ck3d5p4c3

  • Just rooted!!! didnt understand the process much. anyone available in PM to discuss it?

  • rooted pm me

  • logM****** uses strcpy which if i remember right is prone to buff overflow... hot or cold? i dont know much about how to execute a buff overflow but ill look into it
  • can someone pm me about the priv esc?

  • bit lost on getting user access on this. Got a key and filtered out the bad characters and have a valid key but it doesn't work.
    Pretty stuck now :(

  • @Meatex said:
    bit lost on getting user access on this. Got a key and filtered out the bad characters and have a valid key but it doesn't work.
    Pretty stuck now :(

    If your sure key is valid, what other parameters could be changed?

  • edited August 2018

    Ok, able to read the php files in var www html. Just can't seem to figure out how to abuse the path. I've been looking at the list.js functions and also inside the fileRead.php. A nudge?

  • @ReneW said:

    @Meatex said:
    bit lost on getting user access on this. Got a key and filtered out the bad characters and have a valid key but it doesn't work.
    Pretty stuck now :(

    If your sure key is valid, what other parameters could be changed?

    Key said valid but using the link in earlier in this thread to clean it up and using autoreplace must have introduced a typo.
    Manually cleaning up the key file did the trick

  • Looking for a privesc hint, currently stuck. Can't understand how that versioned file can read with root permissions while the other file can't. Any hints?

  • edited August 2018

    @chrisbensch said:
    Ok, able to read the php files in var www html. Just can't seem to figure out how to abuse the path. I've been looking at the list.js functions and also inside the fileRead.php. A nudge?

    @mbie said:
    Looking for a privesc hint, currently stuck. Can't understand how that versioned file can read with root permissions while the other file can't. Any hints?

    You might wanna check permissions or capabilities of that file.. You'll know what to do once you figure it out..

    AmsHusky18

  • Finally i got root, and i knew a new command with this box :D

    thanks mr. mcruz :)

    I don't have Signature...

  • @takuma said:
    Finally i got root, and i knew a new command with this box :D

    thanks mr. mcruz :)

    You are welcome, you guys can PM me whenever you want if needs help.

  • edited December 2018

    If you are stuck at the enumeration and you can only see "html" and "localhost" Spoiler Removed - Arrexel so it's breakable, I didn't use weird characters like %2e etc... It's really easy ! Don't think too much :p Hope I helped someone

Sign In to comment.