Hint for Waldo

Comments

• Im confused because i have ssh with user n......y but my password is a key that i found in a .mon...r file. So, i need to get mon......r compromised? I found something like a symlink.... but i dont know... A hint to find Waldo via pm please?

• @9999volts said:
    Im confused because i have ssh with user n......y but my password is a key that i found in a .mon...r file. So, i need to get mon......r compromised? I found something like a symlink.... but i dont know... A hint to find Waldo via pm please?

Check every file on .shh folder and you will find what you need!

• edited September 2018

I am so confused.... Im a lucky guy, 2 times i have found user journey just by enumerating processes!! just i received a gift xd

• rooted, thanks @helloclarice for the help.
    Anyone need help can PM me.

• Anyone got root shell ? I tried ssh and to crack the hash with no luck!

• rooted. ty @buckeye1234 for help

• Stuck on user, I can see all web paths, I've watched how the files work adding, editing and deleting lists, I've even tried editing and resending the headers but I'm in front of a never ending wall, any hint? I just wanna die lol... Thanks in advance

• edited October 2018

Managed to escape from jail, im ok. So, getxxp thing on what directory i have to apply? Is important /Home/mon.....r/bin?? or maybe that restricted.sh thing, what is it? Pretty stuck on getc.... is it one by one? pm please

• Could anyone help to figure out how to get user?

I have two thigns that attract my attention, but cannot bypass filter:

• Found how to read any file, but didn't found how to bypass user.txt filter

*Writing files looks very promisingly but dont know how to bypass is_numeric()

• Hi, i get the shell and flag the user account but i'm currently stuck with the privilege escalation and i need some help. It seem that we are in a docker container and i would like some help to continue.

• edited October 2018

Having some trouble with the priv esc from M*** to root. The capable hints have been great, just can't quite piece it together. Can anyone PM me with some additional hints/directions?

Edit: root.txt acquired shortly after asking this and reading more :)

• Finally got root thanks to this forum and to @buckeye1234 for all the advice.

• If anybody was able to get root shell, will you PM me please, with a friendly nudge?

• edited October 2018

This is my second box, and I could use a nudge.
    I should be able to read files, and I'm getting a 200 response but there is no data returned.
    f***=**** doesn't seem to work as it looks like it should. I'm getting the same response to a blank request.
    Any help?

Edit: Nevermind, I had made a simple error.

• I'm having some trouble reading the user.txt
    I suspect it can't be read with current permissions. I'm fairly sure I need to use m****** file to go on. I've removed the bad chars and changed permissions to 600 but I'm not being granted access. Denied (pub)

A little help please?

• @ananpier85 said:
    I'm having some trouble reading the user.txt
    I suspect it can't be read with current permissions. I'm fairly sure I need to use m****** file to go on. I've removed the bad chars and changed permissions to 600 but I'm not being granted access. Denied (pub)

A little help please?

I used a decoding online service for that format type and logged in worked for me. Hope it help ;)

• @ananpier85 said:
    I'm having some trouble reading the user.txt

A little help please?

Maybe you are not the right user?

fasetto

• edited October 2018

@fasetto said:
    Maybe you are not the right user?

It should not have taken me so long to realize that, thanks.
    Now on to root!

• fairly unobvious way to root. anyway, flag is mine \m/
    pm me, if you need a hint.

• Can anyone help me out with waldo machine? Please PM me for the hints for gain normal user access. Thanks.

• @johnybaba said:
    Can anyone help me out with waldo machine? Please PM me for the hints for gain normal user access. Thanks.

Check how list works.

• @LordRNA said:

@johnybaba said:
    Can anyone help me out with waldo machine? Please PM me for the hints for gain normal user access. Thanks.

Check how list works.

While adding a new list, we can add some data. But whatever I am storing, in burp response it shows there but in the browser it shows nothing.

• edited October 2018

Holy cow. Finally got the user and root flag. Shoutout to @ZaphodBB for the hints that got me through the small hurdle. As a Linux user for years, there's always something new to learn as this box revealed. What a ride!

bluecipher

• Could anyone PM me for root ? I'm currently logged in as m*****r . Found interesting files in ap*-**v directory. Cannot figure out a way to root.

• Hi, I got user. But I can't work out how to escape the rterm, logged in as n****y

• Okay, I got out of that restriction, and into another, and out of that, but now I'm reaaaaaly stuck

• this should come in handy for anyone needing to remove newline and escape characters in a file they might hypothetically find somewhere:

cat dirty_file | sed 's/\\n/\n/g' | sed 's/\\//g' > clean_file

Hack The Box

• @s1k said:
    this should come in handy for anyone needing to remove newline and escape characters in a file they might hypothetically find somewhere:

cat dirty_file | sed 's/\\n/\n/g' | sed 's/\\//g' > clean_file

nice little action there, had to do it manually.

• edited October 2018

oh shit!

I keep getting this when trying to use the file that has extra hacker capabilities...

*pts/0���[�
    pts/0ts/0monitor127.0.0.1���[C�$

when I have @#$@_read_search I don't understand why I can't read what i'm trying to read....

Sign In to comment.