Longbottom misc challenge

I know what the code does.. bit weak in crypto things .. My option is to bruteforce for the passphrase(offcourse signed in HMAC way with encryptedHTML as secret) that matches the existing encryptedHMAC string satisfying the if condition. But i have exhausted all my dictionaries. Still no luck?.. Any hints here?..

Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • This is not a crypto challenge man. This is a misc chal.

    anikka

  • but the code does some crypto things.. so went in that way. Am i in wrong direction?

  • i think it requires some python stuff from a quick look

  • @w31rd0 said:
    i think it requires some python stuff from a quick look

    yes i used python for whatever i mentioned above.. But is it the right way?

  • @goron said:

    @w31rd0 said:
    i think it requires some python stuff from a quick look

    yes i used python for whatever i mentioned above.. But is it the right way?

    If I am right that you used a python tool for solving it as crypto, then you are not on the right track.

    anikka

  • any hints here are highly appreciated!

  • @goron
    you are staring at the wrong picture, there is more than an index file.

    @felli0t
    Nice challenge, it brought back some memories :)

  • edited July 2018

    @d4rk3r I did understand the images.. about longbottom.. his full name ... also harrypotter linkage... no luck still

  • @goron
    I don't know about that. This is what I did:
    I read the code > understood the rabbit hole > did something > got flag.

  • Take your way into using binwalk also for some lets say specific file, there is also something better to see than the actual index.html

    Hack The Box

  • @Frey said:
    Take your way into using binwalk also for some lets say specific file, there is also something better to see than the actual index.html

    i believe he has retrieved that piece of data. or at least the one i found as it is the python related..
    right?

  • Does the AppleDouble file is useful to something?

    dodo

  • @w31rd0 said:

    @Frey said:
    Take your way into using binwalk also for some lets say specific file, there is also something better to see than the actual index.html

    i believe he has retrieved that piece of data. or at least the one i found as it is the python related..
    right?

    Find a way to re-arrange the arrays.... yeah you are on the right track

    Hack The Box

  • edited August 2018

    Objects are objective
    The obvious is obvious :)

    Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

    wirehack7

  • I've found some lists, but I'm completely clueless on how to proceed.

  • @vertering said:
    I've found some lists, but I'm completely clueless on how to proceed.

    try a good old Google-search. It's a specific kind of compression

  • Stuck too... =(

    Cannot seem to identify how python could help to settle a seemingly unordered list of weird characters..

  • @LeDeceiver said:
    Stuck too... =(

    Cannot seem to identify how python could help to settle a seemingly unordered list of weird characters..

    Google one of the strings you find in the text? Might not be the first or second line.. Some kind of compression is being used. Up to you to find out which one exactly

  • @loln00b said:

    @LeDeceiver said:
    Stuck too... =(

    Cannot seem to identify how python could help to settle a seemingly unordered list of weird characters..

    Google one of the strings you find in the text? Might not be the first or second line.. Some kind of compression is being used. Up to you to find out which one exactly

    +1 , thanks for the hint :)

    Hack The Box

  • edited August 2018

    *solved

    clarkkent

  • edited August 2018

    *solved Blurgh.. Genius but blurgh..

  • Solved ... but, crazy one though..

  • Can someone who solved this message me? I think I am missing a formatting piece in the flag.

  • If anyone is willing to double-check my thinking I'd appreciate it - got pretty far but now blocked.

  • same, i have this python stuff but dunno what next...

  • im stuck guys pm me if you can

  • python hint was great --- synatx was off - much appreciated --- solved!!!!

  • I have the file. But now cleu what I can do with it. PM would be appreciated.

  • hey I found a string in one of the images but I try to use it as the password for index.html and as a passphrase for steghide but nothing is working, not sure if I'm missing something.

    Hack The Box

Sign In to comment.