Bounty

edited June 2018 in Machines

it seems an easy machine , but i stuck i don`t know why :((
i try a lot of things , could you please anyone solve it , PM me
i want to discuss what i did.

BR

Comments

• The box basically just went live. Keep working at it.

Looking for past Hack the Box write-ups or other security stuff? Feel free to visit: https://dastinia.io <3

• It's a pisser for sure...
  • Someone keeps breaking the app, very frustrating. hard to enumerate.

• enjoying this box, not there yet, but it is fun

• the 'functionality' of the app is breaking, anyone else experiencing this?

• @Narmu said:
    the 'functionality' of the app is breaking, anyone else experiencing this?

yup

• The box is fun and easy, dont overthink to much and use google. Also it will help you to build your way into the box.

Hack The Box

• easy box but unstable , i don't know if someone deleting files but i can't have more than 1 minute with a shell then i need to reset the machine.

Hack The Box

• me like, ok look easy, then...wtf? haha

kluo

• Can anybody pm me? I found the hidden dir and the other page, but i can't figure out how to combine them.

Kevoenos

• any clue on finding user.txt ? i'm already have the RCE

cdoisponto

• @cdoisponto said:
    any clue on finding user.txt ? i'm already have the RCE

you dont see the file with rce, but it is there, just do normally.

peek

• I found something, googled about it but ended up with nothing ( or i'm looking at the wrong things) and I found a directory which I don't have access too. Other than that I'm stuck already...

Vex20k

• edited June 2018

logged in as user...but user.txt nowhere to be found on Desktop, Documents, or Downloads....or anywhere i've looked....

Edit: JK

• I found the page and directory as well but can't figure out how to get the RCE... any hints are appreciated

• @peek said:

@cdoisponto said:
    any clue on finding user.txt ? i'm already have the RCE

you dont see the file with rce, but it is there, just do normally.

I guess this is why there is so many reset.

• Unable to get anything apart from some directories. Typical crawlers are ok, or people is using another kind of tool?

Randsec

• Hi,

Can anyone give me a hint please? I have been working on something but it is not working so fat. I am not sure if it is a rabbit hole or I am doing something wrong

I can upload (I think!) but I am having trouble finding the location of whatever I uploaded.

Hack The Box

• @abogaida said:
    Hi,

Can anyone give me a hint please? I have been working on something but it is not working so fat. I am not sure if it is a rabbit hole or I am doing something wrong

I can upload (I think!) but I am having trouble finding the location of whatever I uploaded.

If you don't know the directory of where stuff is uploaded, I suggest you enumerate more

• @Randsec said:
    Unable to get anything apart from some directories. Typical crawlers are ok, or people is using another kind of tool?

Crawlers/spiders may not do anything for you....those just click on active links, they don't really help you find directories that the server has no link to.

• Any hint to what to find with dirb? Can't enumerate anything apart a iis dir and a forbidden upload dir
  • @nardin said:
    Any hint to what to find with dirb? Can't enumerate anything apart a iis dir and a forbidden upload dir

Maybe you're not looking for a directory ;)

drtychai

• > Maybe you're not looking for a directory ;)

Done that too... But I'll try more ;)
  • Can someone give me hint on the initial attack vector on this machine? dirb and burp havent given me luck in this challenge.

• Kicking myself, working on RCE now. Don't overthink, make sure to google and make sure you know the general workings of the service running

• edited June 2018

Rooted.....if you're on US VIP servers the box was very unstable...switched to EU and method I was trying for a few hours worked.

• > @isuckatcyber said:
    > @Randsec said:
    > Unable to get anything apart from some directories. Typical crawlers are ok, or people is using another kind of tool?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Crawlers/spiders may not do anything for you....those just click on active links, they don't really help you find directories that the server has no link to.

Yea, I meant brute force.

Randsec

• edited June 2018

@minhhungvn said:
    Can someone give me hint on the initial attack vector on this machine? dirb and burp havent given me luck in this challenge.

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

• any hint on how to exploit the viewstate?

• Any hints on enumeration wordlists? Tried the IIS related (hope this isn't spoiler) wordlists inside SecLists and all I got was a forbidden directory.

Sign In to comment.