oldbridge pwn challenge

Hey, my exploit works locally fine but when i run it remotely it doesn’t seem to work i thought that they reason may be that my payload connects to a remote server and there’s a firewall.
does anyone know if that’s the case?

No firewall as far as I’m aware, but the exploitation shouldn’t need to bypass one, so assume there is. There could be any number of reasons why it’s failing depending on what method you’re using (there are quite a few), so I’d say look at other ways of achieving what you want. Try to strip back your exploit and work out what might be different between yours and the remote servers OS.

It turns out that there is a firewall above the machine that doesn’t let outgoing traffic, furthermore i also tried to open a port and then connect to it but the challenge’s machine is in an internal network so i couldn’t forward to it.
Anyway i solved it in a different way just updating so people won’t get stuck :).

I’m little stuck at this challenge.
I know how to pass canary check and even get stack position,but don’t know
how to get code position and overcome pie.
There is one unused function which supposed have to help me (some useful gadget)
but don’t know how to use this fact?

Can I PM someone little stuck

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @Amour said:

It turns out that there is a firewall above the machine that doesn’t let outgoing traffic, furthermore i also tried to open a port and then connect to it but the challenge’s machine is in an internal network so i couldn’t forward to it.
Anyway i solved it in a different way just updating so people won’t get stuck :).

Reverse shell same port

Hi !

My exploit work slocally to but can’t get it to work in remote. I guess this has to do with the version of libc (and thus the offsets). Can someone PM me, I don’t want to spoil anything.

Thank you !

Finally! It took a long time but I finally cracked it. Feel free to PM me if you are stuck or need a nudge in the right direction.

Such a fun challenge.

Could anyboy give tips about debugging oldbridge with radare2?

I’ve done it!?

Can someone PM me on how I’m supposed to get enough room on the stack. I’m stuck.

Type your comment> @carbon123 said:

Can someone PM me on how I’m supposed to get enough room on the stack. I’m stuck.

Pivot it.

Just finished it. What a ride. Let me know if I can help.