Reminiscent

Hello,

so I succesfully solved marhal in the middle.
Now I am stuck with reminiscent. My only question would be at the moment: Am I supposed to get the resume.zip from the link in the mail? I can't access that url using vpn.

I hope I don't spoiler with this question, but I don't think so.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @davidb - that file is not intended to be accessible from the HTB network

rotarydrone
    OSCP

• Thanks!

• @rotarydrone Can I PM you? I think i have it mostly solved but missing the first half of the flag.

• @rotarydrone Nevermind. A reboot somehow fixed it. Got the rest.

• i got the string with Base64 encoding.while decode the string, $stP,$siP.......shown,anyone can help me to find the correct flag.

• Mmm memory forensics :)

charybdis

• found a couple of malware and link to the resume.zip , analysis shows powershell calls but cant find the flag , is there something i am overlooking?

• edited May 2018

@FEVING said:
    found a couple of malware and link to the resume.zip , analysis shows powershell calls but cant find the flag , is there something i am overlooking?

maybe dumping the powershell processes and searching will help?

charybdis

• @charybdis said:

@FEVING said:
    found a couple of malware and link to the resume.zip , analysis shows powershell calls but cant find the flag , is there something i am overlooking?

maybe dumping the powershell processes and searching will help?

dumping the ps process and searching leads to what @FEVING found

first time tinkering with this type of work, it's interesting. haven't found the flag yet. i've been reading dumps and online docs all day ~_~

• Dumped the processes, dumped the memory, searched the strings, found the links, still no luck. Any help?

Hack The Box
    Follow me on Twitter: @C_3PJoe

• edited July 2018

I think i have the file but not able to find flag, please help

• @roboteknix said:
    I think i have the file but not able to find flag, please help

pm me by explaining what you did , I can give you clues.

• @C3PJoe said:
    Dumped the processes, dumped the memory, searched the strings, found the links, still no luck. Any help?

If you haven't completed the challenge by now feel free to PM me.

• can anyone who has solve this challenge PM me? found the APT .LNK file but not sure how to get the flag. Any hints?

• edited October 2018

Solved it. It's not that simple. This text helped me a lot
    https://technical.nttsecurity.com/post/102egyy/hunting-malware-with-memory-analysis
    But still is a lot of looking and trying.
    It was a good challenge !
    PM if hints needed.

Deleite

• @deleite said:
    https://technical.nttsecurity.com/post/102egyy/hunting-malware-with-memory-analysis
    PM if hints needed.

This was a world of help, Thanks heaps.
    First time doing anything like this at all, Once I figured out what was able to be seen, Finding the flag took no more than 10 minutes.
    Awesome challenge learnt a lot.

• @Blkph0x said:

@deleite said:
    PM if hints needed.

This was a world of help, Thanks heaps.
    First time doing anything like this at all, Once I figured out what was able to be seen, Finding the flag took no more than 10 minutes.
    Awesome challenge learnt a lot.

Im glad it helped. Respect maybe?

Deleite

• Hi have solved this challenge. However, I am not sure what was the use for the "resume.eml" file. Happy to discuss if anyone has solved it using .eml file?

• edited February 15

Type your comment> @mendedsiren63 said:

Hi have solved this challenge. However, I am not sure what was the use for the "resume.eml" file. Happy to discuss if anyone has solved it using .eml file?

The .eml is provided Just as a hint to assist with the challenge or provide a starting point/things to look for.

rotarydrone
    OSCP

• Type your comment> @rotarydrone said:

Type your comment> @mendedsiren63 said:

Hi have solved this challenge. However, I am not sure what was the use for the "resume.eml" file. Happy to discuss if anyone has solved it using .eml file?

Just a hint to assist with the challenge or provide a starting point/things to look for.

Check the link from @deleite , go step by step, anything suspicious running on the box? what window's powerful application attackers used these days? dive into that application and you will find the flag.

• edited April 2

• Got it. If you need help PM.
    Cheers from Portugal :+1:

• So I've found the lnk file from the b64 string starting with $stp, $siP. but now unsure on where to go any help would be amazing. Feel free to PM if you have any clues. Thanks

• So I've found the lnk file from the b64 string starting with $stp, $siP. but now unsure on where to go any help would be amazing. Feel free to PM if you have any clues. Thanks

Stuck at the same place. I would appreciate if someone could give any clues in pm. Thanks in advance

• I used volatility, awesome tool for memory forensics.
    look for any suspicious processes, check the memory, analyze it etc.
    pm me for help

e-nigmaNL

Sign In to comment.