[JET] Fortress

Hi there,

after enumerating this fortress i noticed the two ports which is just like on Pwn Challenges. however, it doesnt have any file given on this Fortress Machine. can anybody there give me some hint/tips/clue that might be helpful to continue just want some ideas to kick off.

Feel free to PM me here and mattermost (same username)

Hack The Box

Tagged:

Comments

• I've Pm'd you, if anyone could give me a push in the right direction on the method to bypass authentication I'd be stoked. Been stuck on this one for a bit.

• anyone who has command able to PM me wondering if im on the right track

• @Vipertooth said:
    anyone who has command able to PM me wondering if im on the right track

Shoot me a message and I'll try to steer you without spoilers

• please can I have a hint of where to find the files, I tried alot of stuff so I think I must be missing something.

• im stuck at elasticity, i know why it's called elasticity, but cant get flag.

peek

• could someone confirm which port is right and if it has been patched or no ?

peek

• Anyone get anywhere with elasticity? stuck and need a idea.

Magavolt

• how come fortress is so underrated in forums?

• I do enjoy the hints in the progress page.

| OSCP (OS-40299) | WCNA | CCNP | CCDP | ECSAv9 | CEHv8 | CISSP | Sec+

• Can someone pls give me a nudge on elasticity? I only managed to find two parameters that give me some queries back but then i am stuck. Tried the obvious exploit with all kind of different methods but no luck :/

• edited June 2018

I am dying on this fortress, if anyone has a spare moment love to pick le brain. I am the same name on mattermost

• Can anyone confirm if the Command part still in the web part ? or have any hint ? i'm stucked in this part for days :(

cdoisponto

• it might help if you inspect the traffic you're sending to any of the services
    @cdoisponto

egre55

• anyone able to PM me on the overflown flag, struggling to find the application to overflow? if thats it at all aha

• @badman89 said:
    anyone able to PM me on the overflown flag, struggling to find the application to overflow? if thats it at all aha

I'm at t that point too! I think that is the leak file...but I'm not sure

dodo

• @egre55 said:
    it might help if you inspect the traffic you're sending to any of the services
    @cdoisponto

Yes, done! thanks ... hahaha I did not know this vuln.

cdoisponto

• should everything be done in this order?

Digging in...
    Going Deeper
    Bypassing Authentication
    Command
    Overflown
    Secret Message
    Elasticity
    Member Manager
    More Secrets
    Memo

found some things, dont know which order should i dig in

• @m0nek said:
    should everything be done in this order?

Digging in...
    Going Deeper
    Bypassing Authentication
    Command
    Overflown
    Secret Message
    Elasticity
    Member Manager
    More Secrets
    Memo

found some things, dont know which order should i dig in

For the initial flags (Connect to Command) the order is important and is an obligatory path.

But for the other challenges the order is not strict

dodo

• Thanks, what i cant understand is why i can see overflow tasks even if i havent passed starting from "Digging in" ? Or maybe i need a hint? thanks!

• Maybe because the tasks that you see on enum phase are not the 'overflown' challenge....

dodo

• i struggle to figure out what the going deeper means xD

• @dodo said:
    Maybe because the tasks that you see on enum phase are not the 'overflown' challenge....

Got it, that is what i wanted to know.

@w31rd0 said:
    i struggle to figure out what the going deeper means xD

i am wondering if digging is related with dig-ging ))

• Hi, can anyone me nudge me in the right direction? I'm still in the two binaries... Please PM me

• kinda got lost after first flag... Would love some help for initial foothold, PM :/

WillIWas

• dig or drill it!

dodo

• i got some flag but no digging in i got the flags after
    i cant find the real web site
    any hint

Raouf09

• Anyone Able to lend a pointer on the Command flag?

• edited November 2018

Feel free to PM me about Digging In or Going Deeper (although this one is pretty trivial tbh), haven't gotten past that yet though.

--Skunkfoot

• @tzar19 said:
    Anyone able to lend a pointer on the Command flag?

i would like to ask too ... is it XSS?

• If you're at the point where you are looking at a particular thing to exploit, look closely at how it is structured and you should be able to figure out how to attack it.

billbrasky

Sign In to comment.