Blocky

So I tried to start getting into the Blocky machine with some friends. The problem is that I can ping the IP and see it has the port 80 open (via nmap), but the webpage just doesn't load. I don't have problems with other machines with their web resources (i.e.g. 10.10.10.7), it's just the Blocky thing

Comments

  • I have problems with Blocky being ridiculously unreachable, as well. Keep refreshing it. You'll get it to serve you the content after a few minutes, and then it will become unreachable again. I'm thinking it's due to people hammering it with brute force, but I asked in Support, and they said it was working fine .. so.. I gave up for now, moving on. :)

    likwidsec

  • you have to set blocky.htb to resolve to 10.10.10.37 likwid and mina you're using the wrong ip.

  • @zoom said:
    you have to set blocky.htb to resolve to 10.10.10.37 likwid and mina you're using the wrong ip.

    What exactly do you mean by "set blocky.htb" ..? I know that the IP is 10.10.10.37, it's what I've been using to access Blocky all along. I've created entries for all of the HTB machines in my hosts file, but using the naming scheme of "HTB-Machine" where Machine is the machine name, obviously. But I've always used 10.10.10.37 when working with Blocky.

    likwidsec

  • Side note - My original post had the words "forward slash etc forward slash hosts" but every time I tried to post the comment with the actual slashes in the post, it threw a CloudFlare error saying that it had tripped a security setting .. bug?

    likwidsec

  • I mean set the hostname like this https://prnt.sc/grwnrf then you can load the blocky website with the address blocky.htb. It allows you to access the panel for the site in your browser as well as the blog.

  • @zoom said:
    I mean set the hostname like this https://prnt.sc/grwnrf then you can load the blocky website with the address blocky.htb. It allows you to access the panel for the site in your browser as well as the blog.

    Right. I understand what it means to add an entry in the hosts file. Like I said in my first post,

    @likwidsec said:
    "I've created entries for all of the HTB machines in my hosts file, but using the naming scheme of "HTB-Machine" where Machine is the machine name, obviously. But I've always used 10.10.10.37 when working with Blocky."

    But I fail to see how setting the entry for Blocky in my hosts file means that it will somehow be more reliable?

    likwidsec

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

In order to register, you have to be a member of Hack The Box. Registration is initiated from there.