Stego: Forest

So, I'm not sure if I am missing something but, Is the text that's hidden and easy to find not the flag? Am I seeing it/typing it wrong or is this just misdirection?

Hack The Box

Comments

• The text that is hidden, is not the Flag, it's the first step. You'll know the Flag when you find it because it will be in the HTB{some_text_here} format.

brox

• @BROX said:
    The text that is hidden, is not the Flag, it's the first step. You'll know the Flag when you find it because it will be in the HTB{some_text_here} format.

Most will be in that format. However if you see something like PIQ{text*}, chances are you are close to the flag but don't have it just yet. If you get just text, try putting HTB{} around it.

• Have to use any tool to extract the flag from picture or its just hidden in the image......

• Tool is needed, the very common one, but to progress with it you need to evaluate the picture and look for the first clue.

• still stuck on this one.... cant seem to find the right tool

• got the first clue but not able to get the data

stevv

• Solved lol. Need help? Just pm
  • @w3r3w017 your private message button not displayed.

hi everyone i am displayed text in the picture and then i use this text for private text passphrase but its false passphrase
    hint please

• @w3r3w017 said:
    Solved lol. Need help? Just pm

ok bro now tell the tool

• i got the flag with the HTB{} but the flag didnt work... anyone can pm me?..

• got it ^^
  • Is just a forest, but I'm not finding the flag.

andremilke

• I found which tool need it for decryption and the hidden text inside picture but is not the correct password. Is there any other hidden text ? Any hint pls ...

• the hidden text inside the picture is not the flag, there is another file

• I know this situation, there is a file encrypted with a password in the forest image. I thought the password was the hidden text, but when I try this text, it fails.

• the text is the pwd, becarefull with uppercase, lowercase, etc....

• I use this text but I get the message "The file is not fully recovered"

• i used common stego tools, but it seems i can not find the hidden text.
    is it plaintext? or it is somehow encoded?

• Hi Guys, weird one. I found the hidden msg, used it to get the other bit. I have the HTB{} flag, but it is not working when I enter it. Could I pm someone who completed this level. Just to show them what I have and figure out why its not working.

• ˆˆ
    LOL was silly, I got it there.
    PM for help if you need it :)

• i got the HTB{}. but it's not working. any one can tell me what i missing.

ArmaTank

• edited July 2018

Thank you @gm67445

ArmaTank

• If anyone can PM me with the tool I have the passphrase but for some reason it will not pen up

heigou

• I found the hidden text in the image, but I don't know where to go from here :/
    tried to find if there is hidden file within the image, no luck. hints pls :'(

• @nuantiq said:
    I found the hidden text in the image, but I don't know where to go from here :/
    tried to find if there is hidden file within the image, no luck. hints pls :'(

I sent you a PM

• Thank you @loln00b :')

• i already found the text that is hidden in the image. Now i am stuck, unable to extract the zip file from the image. Any suggestions or hint will be appreciated. Thanks

Sign In to comment.