Celestial hint

Comments

• got it ..
    thanks to all of you

• Rooted it.

Feel free to pm me, if you need a hint.

• @Txos1
    use nano or see any one of ippsec videos to get a python pty shell and then editing will work fine.

Hack The Box

• @Txos1 said:
    hi
    i got user
    and i know the file to edit to get root but vi dosen't work
    any idea ?

wget the same file from(with desired changes) your local machine's apache server :) (editing locally will work fine) and you'll be just downloading it from the local machine to the celestial box

• If you have a good enum, you can easily solve this box. PM me if you want me to verify your finding.

• I got root, but it was honestly a bit of guesswork. If anyone could PM and explain exactly how everything worked, I would really appreciate it!

HtB Handle: haastile

• module.js:549
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module 'node-serialize'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:547:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:474:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
    at Object. (/home/s3ns3/Htb/Boxes/Celestial/log.js:4:17)
    at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:663:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)

can anyone pm me and help me with this? i tried to reinstall npm also didnt work

• on the user own step, be sure to configure correctly the listener.

• edited July 2018

There are multiple ways to get # on this one guys. If one doesn't work - try to find another way.. I have found at least two ways of doing it.. BTW, the solution to this one is really easy... it's right in front of you.....

• edited July 2018

So this is my first box and I'm really stuck... I've followed the article people have referenced here and know that it's meant just as a starting point, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Can I PM someone to point me in the right direction?

• edited July 2018

Edit:

I have some questions about modifying a file in order to print the root.txt.

Which editor should I use? Vi? How to i write/exit it, since the exit keys aren't working as in normal terminals.. Can someone pm me?

• I am having an issue with the payload through burp for initial user shell. Can someone DM for a nudge in the right direction. I know that it has to do with the formatting, but I cannot figure it out.

• Running into the same "invalid username type" error mentioned several times on this thread. Can someone PM me with a hint, please?

• I have been running into the same issue @greengorilla I think that you need to place the payload into the json blob somewhere, but I keep getting different errors no matter what i do.

• @CRad44 said:
    I have been running into the same issue @greengorilla I think that you need to place the payload into the json blob somewhere, but I keep getting different errors no matter what i do.

I figured it out with some help from another user on this forum. The fix was much simpler than I had thought :smile: DM me if you need a hint.

• edited July 2018

Need a quick hand with initial shell. Anyone around for dm? crafting payload is proving to be interesting.

• I just finished this one. PM me if you wish

Arrexel

• having a difficult time. this is all very new to me. looking for tips and pointers to me moving in the right direction

• i got to the user, but there is no user.txt ?? what is going on ? a hint pls.
  • got the user in a different place ?

• rooted, It got me quit some time to understand it.

• Some hint for the root !! PM for help!!

• Got the root. Nice box but wasted 2 days due to the space issue in payload ;) btw thanks to @Pratik, @cyc0rpion and @ArmaTank

lahirukkk

• @lahirukkk said:
    Got the root. Nice box but wasted 2 days due to the space issue in payload ;) btw thanks to @Pratik, @cyc0rpion and @ArmaTank

:)

ArmaTank

• Got root! PM me if you are stuck

• @lahirukkk said:
    Got the root. Nice box but wasted 2 days due to the space issue in payload ;) btw thanks to @Pratik, @cyc0rpion and @ArmaTank

:) , PM if you need hint

• pretty weird box this one !

• cant find the private key everyone is talking about ! is it on the website ?

• Hi all, could someone pm me. Need help with initial foothold. I have crafted a payload. But want to run it by people to see why its not working.

:)

• Can anyone help me with the payload. I can't seem to get it right... Have some questions how to set it up.

Sign In to comment.