Deadly Arthropod (forensics) - invalid flag?

Hello!

I found a flag, surrounded by HTB{ and } , including a readable message including punctuation. Am I missing something? It doesn't validate.

soepstengel97

Comments

• Same here, getting the HTB{s0m3_t3xt} format but the platform won't accept the flag. In my mind the only question is about capital letters but I have tried all the variations without any luck. Some hints on the correct format or where to pay attention would be highly appreciated.

• @wolfpwn and @soepstengel97 - private message me and I will point you in the right direction.

• hi guys, anyone give any pointer on this ?

• @netkernel I don't want to post spoilers in the thread, private message me and I'll help you out :)

• I got the flag too but false positive. Any nudges ?

• WASD... what an invention... right?

• I am stuck at different issue, but found people saying in another thread that copy-paste does not seems to work but manually typing does

https://forum.hackthebox.eu/discussion/157/deadly-arthropod

Hope this helps.

• Ok got it working, had a logic bug in my script.

Happy to help if anyone need.

• I have found the wrong flag and have an idea about wrong in script, any nudges in the right direction ? can anyone PM ?

• Same Issue.. What The Fuck?

Hack The Box

• i found two pieces of information (clear text) but the platform won't accept the flag (s) manual or not , so what's next ? ....

HappyFrog

• @HappyFrog I'll DM you - and anyone else needing help reading this thread, you can DM me for hints.

• After I read several USB CTF I found a flag with wrong validation. Stucked on it.

• @n3m0 said:
    WASD... what an invention... right?

Amen. I prefer controllers&joysticks personally. Keyboards remind me I'm at a computer, joypads help me to forget that fact.

• Stucked on it. I found a clear flag HTB{xxxxx} with a "hacking text" but no validation on challenge... Help needed.

• Beware, this challenge is quite tricky. If you have a (quite common) bug in your solution, then you will get something that looks like a valid flag, but is actually a little bit off from the correct flag.

Double and triple-check your solution for logic bugs, and you'll discover the right flag.

Hack The Box
    If you ask for help, describe 1) your findings 2) your conclusions 3) your ideas

• @mprox said:
    Beware, this challenge is quite tricky. If you have a (quite common) bug in your solution, then you will get something that looks like a valid flag, but is actually a little bit off from the correct flag.

Double and triple-check your solution for logic bugs, and you'll discover the right flag.

So weird.... flag tells me a right message with some sense

• Yes, it stumped me for a long time too. I'm almost sure I can guess what value of almost-the-flag you have.

As I said, it's very close to the correct flag, but a few characters off. Think about what the input data represents, and how the state of the process would affect the output.

If that's too vague, PM me.

Hack The Box
    If you ask for help, describe 1) your findings 2) your conclusions 3) your ideas

• I am having some difficulty. I got an email and password but no flag. There are 2 "numbers" I cant make sense of. Could someone PM me for help?

charybdis

• nevermind, i figured it out

charybdis

• edited May 2018

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

• Neeeever mind, got it now :)

• @n3m0 said:
    WASD... what an invention... right?

Hi , thanks for the hint :+1:

TheBandit

• Could someone who finished this challenge please PM me. I'm almost sure i have the correct flag but for some reason it's not being accepted as valid.

• I am so close, but I am having trouble putting the final piece together. Can someone PM me?

Hack The Box
    Follow me on Twitter: @C_3PJoe

• hi,
    like all the others, i have found some strings, but the flag is not working... can someone pm me plz? :)

• i have got the flag in htb{xx-xx-xxxxxx-xx'x-x-xxxxxxxx...} format.. still its not working.. any hints, pls PM me...

• i display with tshark this pcap file but i dont know any hint

help me please!!!

• @ak123 said:
    i have got the flag in htb{xx-xx-xxxxxx-xx'x-x-xxxxxxxx...} format.. still its not working.. any hints, pls PM me...

Hello all. I'm in the same boat. What are we doing wrong or missing?

• @ak123 said:
    i have got the flag in htb{xx-xx-xxxxxx-xx'x-x-xxxxxxxx...} format.. still its not working.. any hints, pls PM me...

you are probably missing something... flags are case sensitive to start with

Sign In to comment.