I can't change my avatar

I can't change my avatar on Hack The Box.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators approve changed Avatars beforehand I think.

• Actually it says Avatar (1:1 min 300x300 max 1000x1000) but that means a whole lot of Fu*kall to anyone unless you maybe edit images a lot. I've been screwing around with image size, dimensions and aspect ratio bs for an hour and it still wont let me upload. how about saying wtf you actually want in an avatar. Not all of us enjoy editing graphics let alone do it at all aside from injecting php into an image for upload.

• edited January 2

Today I've notice the problem when I tried to change my avatar.
    I've allowed cookies for:
    https://www.hackthebox.eu
    https://forum.hackthebox.eu

Then, reload the browser and problem solved!
    =)

• > @Malfurion said:
    > Actually it says Avatar (1:1 min 300x300 max 1000x1000) but that means a whole lot of Fu*kall to anyone unless you maybe edit images a lot. I've been screwing around with image size, dimensions and aspect ratio bs for an hour and it still wont let me upload. how about saying wtf you actually want in an avatar. Not all of us enjoy editing graphics let alone do it at all aside from injecting php into an image for upload.

This gives away alot about you as a hacker (problem solver) fyi. It's not that hard the read a man page is it?
  • edited February 10

@ch4p said:
    Ctrl+F5

Thank you :)

1. 1:1 such as 300x300, 400x400,
    2. your image name should be complex, 1.png is not allowed
    3. jpeg perhaps, png upload failed a lot times
  • use: " https://croppola.com/ " to crop image to 1:1

• Did all that, still wont allow it...

• Using a .png worked for me rather than .jpeg. Try that

• Type your comment> @Malfurion said:

Actually it says Avatar (1:1 min 300x300 max 1000x1000) but that means a whole lot of Fu*kall to anyone unless you maybe edit images a lot. I've been screwing around with image size, dimensions and aspect ratio bs for an hour and it still wont let me upload. how about saying wtf you actually want in an avatar. Not all of us enjoy editing graphics let alone do it at all aside from injecting php into an image for upload.

wow

/ __| | | | '_ ` _ \ 
    | (__| |_| | | | | | |
     \___|\__,_|_| |_| |_|

Hack The Box

• i chose the wrong image and its not going please help

• edited October 9

I had some trouble with this for a while, and would like to echo the sentiments of and thank user d4rkk.

(I don't think the PNG vs JPG thing was so bad for me, but I did upload as a PNG as I noticed the default avatar is also a PNG file.)

In then end, I found it easier to turn off my Brave browser shields before starting the upload. While I probably could have white-listed specifically those two sub-domains, doing this would work correctly and my profile image was reset. After which, I was immediately able to recover the Brave shields across the hackthebox domain with no ill effect.

Thank you!

• someone got a shell with png ? ---just joking ---

peek

• how can i delete a image i mistakenly uploaded? please help me

Sign In to comment.