Official Horizontall Discussion

Official discussion thread for Horizontall. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

rooted, easiest box ever!

The machine won’t be released for another 3 hours.

Hi

> @cyberic said: > The machine won’t be released for another 3 hours. I know, I’m just trying to get ahead of all the similar comments!

3 Likes

Type your comment> @Hilbert said: > > @cyberic said: > > The machine won’t be released for another 3 hours. > > I know, I’m just trying to get ahead of all the similar comments! Most comments in such threads are like R00t3d 3zp3z kthxbai, pm for help. – Never responds to pm

1 Like

I have no idea what I am doing

This might be the fastest I have run into a wall on an easy machine!

2 Likes

I actually found the s*******o also version, found a vulnerability for RCE but needs auth in like 10 mins and I have been stuck for like an hour to find out how to exploit the r***t p******* mechanism. I am now just viewing the source code to literally find out how it works.

Type your comment> @tsheva said: > I actually found the s*******o also version, found a vulnerability for RCE but needs auth in like 10 mins and I have been stuck for like an hour to find out how to exploit the r***t p******* mechanism. I am now just viewing the source code to literally find out how it works. Any hint on where to get the creds to auth on s******?

I think I know what vulnerability to exploit for foothold but can´t for my life find information on how to trigger it. I suck at google… :frowning:

Type your comment> @Hilbert said: > rooted, easiest box ever! haha. Love the sense of humour :expressionless:

Completely stumped here!! I’ve got username enum from one source but just can’t get any further. I think i’m spending longer trying to decode @tsheva’s cryptic message, than trying to hack the box now :slight_smile:

Going no where. Found nothing. Like the Knife box before. Maybe I should open burp and try it later

~Any nudges for root? Went after apparent paths and didnt find much. Still s***** user.~ EDIT; just rooted - Shot in the dark with the exploit but ended up getting results. Man this one was CVE after CVE :lol:

Foothold/User: After you recover your way into the dashboard, maybe you can install a plugin Root: Sometimes debugging can be too much interactive Thanks to the box creator :slight_smile:

Rooted. That’s a box with lots of CVEs and learning each one of them was actually quite fun. Foothold/User: enumerate around and try finding new paths for you to explore. Once you’ve recovered your way into that dashboard, you can try installing some plugin that may lead you to the right shell. Root: check what is running on the box and check its version. Look it up and see if you can find something to exploit it. Maybe you’re gonna have to download a lib to be able to do so. As @jsarmz said, debugging is tricky.

I left the box as user, trying now to get root. I think it has to do with l*******e and found l*******n. I used it but nothing happens. I hope I am not down a rabithole again.

Rooted yesterday. Hardest part was finding where to start, then it’s a few CVEs, if you don’t find what you need @github, google more.

Any nudge on foothold?