incorrect flag error (Synack Assessment)

Hi,

I’m not sure where to ask this question I have sent an email to info@ but as time is limited I really need help with this,

I was doing SRT Assessment, & was able to get root.txt of a machine, As I can’t share any information, on that machine, I’ll share the issue that is I got root access and get root.txt that should have the flag. but using that flag on HTB platform it’s giving me an error as (incorrect flag!) I’m pretty sure the file I access should have the final flag :confused: but it’s not working for some reason, I did restart the lab like 5 times but nothing working ?

any suggestions…

@MKhizerJaved said:

Hi,

I’m not sure where to ask this question I have sent an email to info@ but as time is limited I really need help with this,

I was doing SRT Assessment, & was able to get root.txt of a machine, As I can’t share any information, on that machine, I’ll share the issue that is I got root access and get root.txt that should have the flag. but using that flag on HTB platform it’s giving me an error as (incorrect flag!) I’m pretty sure the file I access should have the final flag :confused: but it’s not working for some reason, I did restart the lab like 5 times but nothing working ?

any suggestions…

It is probably a dynamic flag. Every reset has just made the problem worse.

This happens fairly often and comes up in most machine threads at least once. The dynamic flags are generated every time the machine restarts. That means every restart has a different flag and machines on different VPNs have different flags.

The issues include

• sometimes the flag appears to be incorrectly registered
  • sometimes the flag simply doesn’t work
  • someone else restarts the box between you getting the flag and you submitting the flag

The only user solution is to try a different VPN connection to see if that spins up a working instance. Restarting the box just means the flags become more of a problem.

However, other considerations include:

• you copied and pasted the flag incorrectly
  • the box creator is messing people around and put a false flag there so people would look elsewhere (this is rare now but certainly around 2018 it used to happen)

I hope you resolved it in time. Remember, HTB has a faster way to deal with issues now and its been a while since you had to email the info address. (Jira wis used for support since mid 2020)

The --module-source-path option has been newly introduced to javac as of version 9. This error is because the Java compiler is unable to find the module-info. java file. Make sure it is in the right directory path.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez