Nothing located

I performed recon on scriptkiddie machine a bit and only xx and xxxx open. Identified the service on xxxx and performed some actions on it. However, I am getting no other response besides 404. dirb several wordlists, went thru the known exploit manual and metesploit with no response.

browsing to xxxx is a blank page. NC xxxx and get html 404 no matter what i use.

example response:

curl http://10.10.10.226:xxxx/console
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<title>404 Not Found</title>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.</p>

any tips or is this thing not working.

@cyberbitz said:

I performed recon on scriptkiddie machine a bit and only xx and xxxx open.

This question is probably best asked on the Scriptkiddie thread.

Identified the service on xxxx and performed some actions on it.

You might not have performed the correct actions. You have the port you need. It should work if you visit it in a browser.

Check what the nmap output is. That might add some information.

However, I am getting no other response besides 404. dirb several wordlists, went thru the known exploit manual and metesploit with no response.

This is a bit confusing.

Dirb/Dirbuster/Gobuster are there for enumeration. If the only page is / then they wont add any value but not finding anything isn’t a problem.

When you say the exploit manual - what exploits are you trying? If you cant find any pages, how are you launching exploits?

browsing to xxxxx is a blank page. NC xxxx and get html 404 no matter what i use.

example response:
curl http://10.10.10.226:xxxxx/console
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<title>404 Not Found</title>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.</p>

any tips or is this thing not working.

Well that is telling you /console doesn’t exist. Is there a reason why you think it should?

Opening the root folder on that port shouldn’t produce a 404 error.

thanks for the tips, will try again tomorrow. I was on the scriptkiddie threat but used the + button on the bottom right.