Official Nuclear Sale Discussion

Official discussion thread for Nuclear Sale. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• Can anyone offer a little hint My first time playing this site i found XOR ,maybe is a Clues but i dont know how to continue

• Easy and straight forward challenge. Look for the properties of that *** cipher and read all the emails, maybe you find something that breaks the encryption

• Type your comment> @7Rocky said:

Easy and straight forward challenge. Look for the properties of that *** cipher and read all the emails, maybe you find something that breaks the encryption

thank you for your help ,I will continue to try to read all the words carefully.Maybe I still lack some cryptography knowledge

• In many challenges, the text provides very useful help and the words are good guide sign. Now and then, you must not believe every statement.

• Type your comment> @xtal said:

In many challenges, the text provides very useful help and the words are good guide sign. Now and then, you must not believe every statement.

I found some strange logic problems from e-mail but My ineptitude at cryptography may have caused me to miss some clues, and I'm now going to try several encryption methods using enumeration to see if I can break them

• i solved this challenge ,My language logic is not very good let me go a lot of detours........

• can someone point me in the right direction? i see the 3 *** encrypted strings but failed to bruteforce them.

Hack The Box

• @shad0w0lf

Distinguish carefully between your knowledge and your assumptions.

• thx, easier than i thought. I tend to overthink things insetad just to make them easy.

Hack The Box

• Fun challenge to test the brain:

Hints:

1 Just remember that the same key is used throughout

2 Like the pythagorean theorem. We are given 2 variables, so we can find the missing third.

3 You can do it all by consulting our favorite chef in all of cyber

Good luck to all and feel free to DM for hints

hadrian3689

• I think I need a hint..... found the 3 *** ciphers, but I've got no clue how to get the key. I know, that the same key is used for each encryption.
    Chaining the three ciphers together mathematically doesn't work. And cyber chef is completly bugged regarding XOR.... producing completly different results than other tools, lol

Hack The Box

Hello friend. Hello friend? I am always happy to help you, but also expect clear information about what you have achieved so far. Together we will raise the flag!
    Remember: Giving respect is a matter of honor

• Type your comment> @tXxc said:
    > I think I need a hint..... found the 3 *** ciphers, but I've got no clue how to get the key. I know, that the same key is used for each encryption.
    > Chaining the three ciphers together mathematically doesn't work. And cyber chef is completly bugged regarding XOR.... producing completly different results than other tools, lol

I did this with cyberchef so this is how my hint is based:

1 Look at the last 2. That's two variables, we need to find the 3rd variables from those last 2 which cyber chef can do with the XOR alone. 3rd variable should be the same format.

2 Now we look at the one key we want and we know how it ends and we got what we wanted from step 1. Cyberchef can do that as well with XOR.

Not sure if this gives it away. But if need you more specific hints. Feel free to DM me.

hadrian3689

• edited August 19
    Found the solution...
    My hint: Read the mail CAREFULLY! every word is important to understand what's going on with the encryption.

Thanks for your help @hadrian3689

Hack The Box

Hello friend. Hello friend? I am always happy to help you, but also expect clear information about what you have achieved so far. Together we will raise the flag!
    Remember: Giving respect is a matter of honor

• edited September 6
    EDIT**

Solved, very very simple (of course I say this after completing it) but once you do it, it's all there.

my hint:

the 3 messages are all you need, no hidden messages within the emails, apart from 1 (which is the type of cipher)

Arrexel

Sign In to comment.