Official Nuclear Sale Discussion

Official discussion thread for Nuclear Sale. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Can anyone offer a little hint My first time playing this site i found XOR ,maybe is a Clues but i dont know how to continue

Easy and straight forward challenge. Look for the properties of that *** cipher and read all the emails, maybe you find something that breaks the encryption

Type your comment> @7Rocky said:

Easy and straight forward challenge. Look for the properties of that *** cipher and read all the emails, maybe you find something that breaks the encryption

thank you for your help ,I will continue to try to read all the words carefully.Maybe I still lack some cryptography knowledge

In many challenges, the text provides very useful help and the words are good guide sign. Now and then, you must not believe every statement.

Type your comment> @xtal said:

In many challenges, the text provides very useful help and the words are good guide sign. Now and then, you must not believe every statement.
I found some strange logic problems from e-mail but My ineptitude at cryptography may have caused me to miss some clues, and I’m now going to try several encryption methods using enumeration to see if I can break them

i solved this challenge ,My language logic is not very good let me go a lot of detours…

can someone point me in the right direction? i see the 3 *** encrypted strings but failed to bruteforce them.

@shad0w0lf

Distinguish carefully between your knowledge and your assumptions.

thx, easier than i thought. I tend to overthink things insetad just to make them easy.

I think I need a hint… found the 3 *** ciphers, but I’ve got no clue how to get the key. I know, that the same key is used for each encryption. Chaining the three ciphers together mathematically doesn’t work. And cyber chef is completly bugged regarding XOR… producing completly different results than other tools, lol

Found the solution… My hint: Read the mail CAREFULLY! every word is important to understand what’s going on with the encryption. Thanks for your help @hadrian3689

EDIT** Solved, very very simple (of course I say this after completing it) but once you do it, it’s all there. my hint: the 3 messages are all you need, no hidden messages within the emails, apart from 1 (which is the type of cipher)

nice challenge
Hint: you own a message and encrypt the message with the key
flag^key
msg^key => C
C^key
If you need help DM :wink:

Especially easy challenge with a great ambience, just need to read the emails and you can figure out what they are doing with that encrypted flag
I decoded it in 5 minutes making a simple python file, so you don’t need to overthink neither to bruteforce, just think what they are doing send a bunch of cypher back and forth

Surely, if anyone need help in 2023 or later, R is here :heart: