Spawning machine : issue

Hello everybody !

I am very happy to learn ethical hacking here.

To continue to improve my skills, I need your help.

Before to post this discussion I have already search if someone had the same issue but nothing on Google or here.

The issue is that, I have already exploited some machines here, but today I cannot work because it is impossible for me to spawn a machine.

For example, I have tried to start Devel but the status stays in “Spawning” indefinitively. It’s the same thing for each machine. When I click on the button “Stop Machine” to stop Devel, a small window appears and says : “Error, this machine is not active”

In order to try to solve this issue, I have downloaded a new connection pack, I also tried to regenerate, to log out and to reconnect. But the problem stay the same.

Can you help me ?

Thank you

Have a good day !

@TheDudeee said:

For example, I have tried to start Devel but the status stays in “Spawning” indefinitively. It’s the same thing for each machine. When I click on the button “Stop Machine” to stop Devel, a small window appears and says : “Error, this machine is not active”

In order to try to solve this issue, I have downloaded a new connection pack, I also tried to regenerate, to log out and to reconnect. But the problem stay the same.

This is unlikely to be an issue with your connection as it is happening in the web portal. You should be able to spawn/terminate machines without being connected.

The error you are seeing implies something is failing when your account tries to spawn. That could be down to something simple, like it having logged you out in the background or a connection issue or it could be something major.

I would suggest, starting:

• Log out of the portal and log back in, try again
  • If that fails raise a jira ticket with HTB and get support to look into it.

Same issue here. I just created a support ticket.

Try clean your browser cache and cookies

Same issue here.had create a support ticket but not reply yet. Maybe hackthebox’s system crash?

I think HTB was having some issues yesterday. Hopefully this is resolved now.

@TazWake said:

“I think HTB was having some issues yesterday. Hopefully this is resolved now.”

@Zerox9137 said:

“Try clean your browser cache and cookies”

The problem is solved ! Thank you very much @TazWake and @Zerox9137. Yesterday I have created a support ticket too. Everything is okay now.

@mattcamp , @vivienicepig : I hope everything works for you too.

Admins told me to:
1.Press CTRL + F5
2. And Press CTRL + SHIFT + R

This is a Hard Refresh of the page and it worked for me.

same issue. hard refresh and clearing cache and cookies didnt work for me. restarted my vm too.

i guess this happened because i didnt stop the machine and i reconnected to the vpn using a newly generated ovpn file.
strangely i was able to spawn the machine without actually being connected to the vpn. so i tried to connect after spawning and it hung at VERIFY OK right before initializion sequence completed or whatever.
then i downloaded a new ovpn file for TCP instead of UDP which allowed me to connect succesfully. but i couldnt ping the machine anyways. so i clicked reset or soft reset and now it doesnt show it is active (except in the challenge title), but i can’t spawn a new machine (getting: “You must stop your active machine before spawning another one.”)

any ideas?

PS: it is not listed in active machines under Labs → Machines
PPS: i also regenerated the vpn when getting a new file for tcp

resolved with support. contact them using the customer support option on the left corner that only works when disabling adblock.

In case it helps anyone, it could also be due to server maintenance. In my case EU servers were being worked on and so switching to US servers did the trick. This link (although covering different issues) shows some snippets of how to change servers:

I had this issue also today , fixed now but when you have changed the servers does the machine your on seem a bit slow ?