It says i was blocked ?!?!?

I was typing in other forum post step by step what i was doing in HTB academy and i got a pop up that says "Gongrats you got root just kiding you got blocked for tryng something funny on our site and my ip showed up " the ■■■■ is this ?

@Alex191 said:

I was typing in other forum post step by step what i was doing in HTB academy and i got a pop up that says "Gongrats you got root just kiding you got blocked for tryng something funny on our site and my ip showed up " the ■■■■ is this ?

You probably entered a command string that is blocked by the WAF. Every few minutes the forum posts are saved to your drafts and if this happened while you had content the WAF didn’t like, it generates an alert.

It isn’t the most advanced or logical WAF.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Alex191 said:

You probably entered a command string that is blocked by the WAF. Every few minutes the forum posts are saved to your drafts and if this happened while you had content the WAF didn’t like, it generates an alert.

It isn’t the most advanced or logical WAF.

aw makes sence thank you for the response :slight_smile: