Official Factory Discussion

Official discussion thread for Factory. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• Thanks @diogt for this fun challenge!!!! Really fun to solve!

• edited April 24

@shazz said:
    Thanks @diogt for this fun challenge!!!! Really fun to solve!

could you dm me some pointers? i have a vague idea of how the protocols work, but i am not getting any feedback to suggest i'm on the right track.

edit: nevermind. i just needed to read closer. fun challenge.

• Type your comment> @shazz said:

Thanks @diogt for this fun challenge!!!! Really fun to solve!

Glad you enjoyed it!

• For those of you who are stuck on this one: Wikipedia has nice articles about the things you want to know more about. One keyword is mentioned in the material, the other keyword (well, two words) almost rhyme with "adder magic". Read the articles carefully, especially the one about a certain bus, and then the challenge is much easier.

The learning curve for this challenge is very steep, but once you get it, it's pretty simple actually.

Hack The Box

• Need a little help here. I'm running a server/client and I'm tracing the packets for modbus RTU. I'm then turning around and putting those in hex back into the prompt... but I keep getting "command is not the right length"

been trying different things but I can never get it to say anything other than invalid length. tips?

• edited May 27

@stev0 said:
    Need a little help here. I'm running a server/client and I'm tracing the packets for modbus RTU. I'm then turning around and putting those in hex back into the prompt... but I keep getting "command is not the right length"

been trying different things but I can never get it to say anything other than invalid length. tips?

Look at the interface setup and pay attention to what it says about CRC. That might fix the issue you are having.

snuggles

• Type your comment> @snuggles said:

@stev0 said:
    Need a little help here. I'm running a server/client and I'm tracing the packets for modbus RTU. I'm then turning around and putting those in hex back into the prompt... but I keep getting "command is not the right length"

Look at the interface setup and pay attention to what it says about CRC. That might fix the issue you are having.

@snuggles Thanks for the tip! I finally got it :)

• Type your comment> @stev0 said:

I'm stuck at same stage, tried several modbus commands but having same length error
    I calculated the CRC for the read/write command but not working
    52 XX AAAA BBBB YYYY I might have something wrong with the addresses AAAA BBBB
    Any hint ?

• @NS9 said:

I'm stuck at same stage, tried several modbus commands but having same length error
    I calculated the CRC for the read/write command but not working
    52 XX AAAA BBBB YYYY I might have something wrong with the addresses AAAA BBBB
    Any hint ?

Look at the diagram. Who is handling the CRC?

snuggles

Sign In to comment.