Official Armageddon Discussion

Comments

• Anyone else struggling to spawn the machine/connect to 'release arena' ovpn? Never had an issue before.

Arrexel

• anyone having trouble with connecting to the data***e?

• Type your comment> @AbuQasem said:

anyone having trouble with connecting to the data***e?

Yes I am facing that issue too.

• maybe it is not the intended way but i found nothing although this is my first time solving drupal box with a "no****n" shell

• edited March 28

Type your comment> @loveleshgangil said:

Type your comment> @AbuQasem said:

anyone having trouble with connecting to the data***e?

Yes I am facing that issue too.

Me too.

I pretended my commands were working and then found a command that would show my output based on an error

• edited March 28

Got user, working on root. Root seems fairly straight forward, will just require research and prep in a piece of software I haven't ever had to learn about.

If you are staging/debugging your s***, and are in a kali/etc vm, you'll need to enable nested kvm features for your vm. For instance in Virtualbox, you'll go to the VM's settings -> System -> Processor -> and tick the box for "enable nested vt-x/amd-v".

EDIT: rooted :)

• Please dm me and provide some hints please I am stuck on a****e user

• Need help with user, dm please

• Type your comment> @romansherstnev said:

Need help with user, dm please

The user is relatively simple, take a look at the service and the version a little, it will help you a lot.

Arrexel

• The root part is very frustrating, every time I try to upload and download my package to the system, it contacts an off-network API.

Arrexel

• What's wrong with m***l? Can't log in

• I got the user credentials but I can't use the "su b**************n" command. I get "su: system error".

I'm using a "/bin/bash -i" shell as I usually do. Can someone give me a hint? I'm sure the credentials are right

• Type your comment> @BrunoHomemade said:

I got the user credentials but I can't use the "su b**************n" command. I get "su: system error".

I'm using a "/bin/bash -i" shell as I usually do. Can someone give me a hint? I'm sure the credentials are right

It exists with another service to connect. ;)

Arrexel

• edited March 28

Type your comment> @0xEEX75 said:

Type your comment> @BrunoHomemade said:

I got the user credentials but I can't use the "su b**************n" command. I get "su: system error".

I don't wanna spoil anyone, can I send you a message? I promise it's fast :) I'm starting to think something is wrong with my box lol

• su: System error while su b************n is about someone else now hacking the box write now?

• Type your comment> @menkar411 said:

su: System error while su b************n is about someone else now hacking the box write now?

I don't think so, boxes in release arena are spawned individually for each one of us

• Type your comment> @BrunoHomemade said:

Type your comment> @0xEEX75 said:

Type your comment> @BrunoHomemade said:

I don't wanna spoil anyone, can I send you a message? I promise it's fast :) I'm starting to think something is wrong with my box lol

Yep!

Arrexel

• edited March 28

Can anyone help me on getting reverse shell, I have code execution on the remote server already

• Finally Rooted.

• I got the user , you need to crack to get it.

• Type your comment> @oscpbox said:

Can anyone help me on getting reverse shell, I have code execution on the remote server already

Try to use more common port. Ports like 4444 may not be able to be used for external. Try 80, 443, etc

• edited March 28

Okey, creds from m**** brings to a***n p****l. Rev shell from there goes again to a****e user. Am I dumb or I'm doing something very wrong?

• Type your comment> @0xSecurity said:

I got the user , you need to crack to get it.

I heard some say that you don´t need to go that way but I can´t find anything.

Does that cracking involve setting up a complicated environment with a complete stack of old terrible stuff or did you find another way?

f1rstr3am

• Type your comment> @f1rstr3am said:

Type your comment> @0xSecurity said:

Does that cracking involve setting up a complicated environment with a complete stack of old terrible stuff or did you find another way?

Default Kali cracking tool can crack $S$ hashes

Type your comment> @f1rstr3am said:

But, but, arrrrgh!!!

f1rstr3am

• Type your comment> @f1rstr3am said:

Type your comment> @menkar411 said:

But, but, arrrrgh!!!

Some common british name... Very common name.

Type your comment> @oscpbox said:

Try to use more common port. Ports like 4444 may not be able to be used for external. Try 80, 443, etc

Thanks that really helped

Type your comment> @menkar411 said:

But, but, arrrrgh!!!

Some common british name... Very common name.

Yeah, I got it at your first reply. Just had a moment of total frustration when understood and all those hours I spent because I did not pay attention to a detail.

f1rstr3am

• Finally rooted! :)

Arrexel

• Trying to get foothold but getting stuck. Can't figure out what to do. A nudge would be appreciated. Can't find any CVE that would work and looking manually in files isn't getting me anything fruitful.

Sign In to comment.