mirai shell crashing

This is driving me crazy. found user.txt a couple of days ago and have been focusing on user.txt on other machines before trying root.txt. managed to priv esc the mirai shell today and have been exploring trying to find root.txt. the shell keeps crashing though. any one else having the same issue?

You need to recover deleted file, no need to priv esc

same problem, i have root privileges but cant find the root.txt original

@enjloezz i will try to recover the file without priv esc now. my issue is the shell crashing though. every time i get into it . sometimes get broken pipe error, sometimes it just crashes.

linux treats everything as if it were a file, even the disks … with this idea it searches in google how to recover hidden text from linux files …

@D4rKu5 said:
@enjloezz i will try to recover the file without priv esc now. my issue is the shell crashing though. every time i get into it . sometimes get broken pipe error, sometimes it just crashes.

Did you try to connecting with ssh?

yeah that’s how i’m on. doesn’t stay open for more than a couple of minutes before it crashes though. driving me mad, haha

There must be problem with your connection, try regenerate ovpn profile

i still stuck i how to recover delete files, i tried with debugfs, grep and i cant install testdisk or extundelete … any hint ???

when I want to look for a hidden text in a file let’s say in a photo: for example I execute strings imagen.jpg. now well linux treat everything as if it were a file even the storage devices

@dany said:
when I want to look for a hidden text in a file let’s say in a photo: for example I execute strings imagen.jpg. now well linux treat everything as if it were a file even the storage devices

Good hint :smiley: everyone look for that usb drive

thanks a lot, i was looking for in the wrong side :confused:

im stuck on this one, the file recovery part, im looking to hard i think.
Easily got the user and the ability to run as higher level user… but the recovery part im stumped.

i also get the shell hang every few mins, i have to kill the connection to the box and reconnect again, im giving on on this box due to every command on ssh crashing the shell.

@RPSUK just remember that you need to recover a file from a USB, I’m sure you know how to actually look for deleted files, but you need just some strings.

yeah even doing a cat or grep made the shell freeze, seemed unstable…