Powershell - Non-standard update service on host

I started HTB Academy a few weeks ago and started some of the Fundamentals Modules. In Windows Fundamentals, one of the questions there is to “Identify one of the Non-standard update service running on host”,but the module did not mention anything about a command line looking for it and I do not know what a non-standard update service is. From what I understand is that it’s something that didn’t come with the OS.

If someone can explain it to me further, that would be lovely.

Thank you

2 Likes

Is this any help?

1 Like

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

Is this any help?

Window non-standard application concept - #2 by TazWake - Off-topic - Hack The Box :: Forums

I have a clearer understanding of it now, I will try it again. Thank you so much!

ScriptKiddy Giving away the answer does not direct your associates to discover the means of obtaining the answer by learning the right technique… lol

1 Like

So true. Post removed.

Please, @alex222 don’t just give away the answer. As explained in the post I responded to.

1 Like

This is all cool, of course, but can anyone suggest a detailed explanation with a solution?

Hello, this would be the command for you to execute in PowerShell to see it in detail (open PowerShell as administrator).

get-process | Select-Object processname,path | fl

1 Like

Put the file extension after the name. Finally it worked for me.

1 Like