Submit the full path of the "xxd" binary.

I am too noob and know that it doesn't worth boxes ,but i want to go pass trough this step as i want to learn the basics. and i feel like i don't understand and need some guidance, maybe a team to join and is like me that wishes to learn instead of being a "script kiddie".

Thank you

Comments

• @Retardat said:

I am too noob and know that it doesn't worth boxes ,but i want to go pass trough this step as i want to learn the basics. and i feel like i don't understand and need some guidance, maybe a team to join and is like me that wishes to learn instead of being a "script kiddie".

Thank you

I am not sure what the question is asking here. Are you asking how to find the full path of the XXD binary?

If so, there are a few ways to do this but it is difficult to help without someone reporting it as a spoiler.

The find command is my favourite for this. But you can also use which and locate effectively.

TazWake

Note: https://www.nohello.com/

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

• Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Retardat said:

Thank you

I am not sure what the question is asking here. Are you asking how to find the full path of the XXD binary?

If so, there are a few ways to do this but it is difficult to help without someone reporting it as a spoiler.

The find command is my favourite for this. But you can also use which and locate effectively.

Yes i am looking to find the full path with "find" as i am doing academy to learn linux, problem it is that i tried like every command in my way and spent couple of hours to understand it, but still in a struggle to understand it . ( i just want to find some way to understand exactly what they asking for, the command used for it and an explain for it) :(

• Ok - there is always a risk this will get nuked as a spoiler because people seem overly sensitive about Academy discussions.

As an example, if you are looking for a file called taz on a Linux machine, you can try:
    find / -name "taz" 2>/dev/null
    find will return all instances of files with the filename taz and will show the full path to the file it retuns along the lines of:
    /home/taz/taz

The answer to the full path would be /home/taz/taz.

If the file is a binary/executable you can also get good results with: which taz or locate taz

You say you are struggling to understand it, can you be more specific what it is you are struggling with?

TazWake

Note: https://www.nohello.com/

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

• which helped me, simple and straight forward.

Sign In to comment.