Um are all the rooms like this?

I joined this site to try it out. This room has taken like 3 hours so far. NOT because it’s hard, but because I can only enter one command, before things screw up and I have to wait like 10 minutes. Some might say, well upgrade your shell, I did, some might say use SSH, I did. And my internet is plenty fast, so I know it’s not me. I enjoy doing this stuff in my free time, but I don’t have the free time to be spending 20 minutes waiting to change my directory when I’m using ssh. Would really like to know whats up because on tryhackme the machines have a waaaay quicker response.

Try changing your server from USA to Europe or vice-versa. Machines could be slightly unresponsive at times (especially in free servers), but hardly that much. Maybe someone is doing some bruteforce hammering the machine down. Also try resetting the machine and see if it helps.

@albudtron91 said:

I joined this site to try it out. This room has taken like 3 hours so far.

They aren’t rooms. This isn’t TryHackMe.

NOT because it’s hard, but because I can only enter one command, before things screw up and I have to wait like 10 minutes.

That sounds like something is broken. Which box is it?

Some might say, well upgrade your shell, I did, some might say use SSH, I did. And my internet is plenty fast, so I know it’s not me. I enjoy doing this stuff in my free time, but I don’t have the free time to be spending 20 minutes waiting to change my directory when I’m using ssh. Would really like to know whats up because on tryhackme the machines have a waaaay quicker response.

Raise a ticket with HTB, that will fix things a lot faster than telling other users there is a problem.