Official Tentacle Discussion

Official discussion thread for Tentacle. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• Rooted! hahaha lol - anybody want to join me i'll try for 2-3h and then watch netflix or maybe longer if I make progress

• Damn my Rep is too low for the tiger :((( I found it so fast

• Mr. Smith and Mr. Johnson don't wanna do it and the tiger doesn't know how - neither do I common help me with this step, I almost got it...

• Squimuggle = Fun

G3rmanSh3ph3rdz

• Type your comment> @G3rmanSh3ph3rd said:

Squimuggle = Fun

Okay then I think I am on the right track? Trying to figure out how to leverage the info I have.

• Type your comment> @btnrsec said:

Type your comment> @G3rmanSh3ph3rd said:

Squimuggle = Fun

Okay then I think I am on the right track? Trying to figure out how to leverage the info I have.

Me too lol. But yes, I would assume we are on the right track.

G3rmanSh3ph3rdz

• I'm stuck now man comon just one time ever first blood but how to cra** the h*** how to get sq*** pass***????

• @LPHermanos m stuck at the hash too hahaha... still figuring out

• Still no blood... anybody found something new? I don't know what to try or search for anymore. Giving up for today.

• edited January 24

So the ATeam did it .. I'm stuck at cr...... the h... latest cat seems to support that type, however, even after re-arranging the checksum and stuff, doesn't get loaded ...

Edit: was able to make the cat working on it, but no result. Not sure if it's a rabbit ...

k4wld
    Discord: k4wld#5627

• Type your comment> @k4wld said:

So the ATeam did it .. I'm stuck at cr...... the h... latest cat seems to support that type, however, even after re-arranging the checksum and stuff, doesn't get loaded ...

Edit: was able to make the cat working on it, but no result. Not sure if it's a rabbit ...

Really? I didn't see that there's a new tiger in town, damn.. but I got the same results so who cares lol still need a nudge about the contrabanding

• Wasn't able to get the tiger to play nice, and ran Mr. Johnson a couple of ways without any hits. Anyone made progress on this?

I saw the C** for s**** as well, but didn't see a way to use it for a foothold. Enumeration with s**** brought up a couple of new things, but nothing that seemed to help without Mr. Johnson or the tiger getting a result.

Can someone give a nudge plz?

• According to the chatter on discord, hash is not the path .. (for those not following discord discussion)

k4wld

• Type your comment> @k4wld said:

According to the chatter on discord, hash is not the path .. (for those not following discord discussion)

Yeah it seemed like a rabbit hole.. I created a few WL but it is just running in the background anyway.

I am still reading and testing the C-- for s----... but now my release arena seems to have some spawning issues.

• anyone whos made progress on this PM me

• From 6 owns are 5 ATeam members. I'll wait for ippsec video lol

k4wld

• edited January 25

I can hit the internal IP, without s**** authentication, but not seeing anything else. Any ideas?

• @blackaugust said:
    I can hit the internal IP, without s**** authentication, but not seeing anything else. Any ideas?

Well, I can hit all three internal ip's that ive found and get it make requests back to me but im stumped

• Type your comment> @blackaugust said:

@blackaugust said:

Well, I can hit all three internal ip's that ive found and get it make requests back to me but im stumped

This is also where I am at... I get the usual bin responses.

I tried to connect to the internal and s--- it isn't open on localhost, must be bound on the external IP, which gives me access denied. I am not sure if we are to figure out that to get ca--e sm------? I can't see what else handles H--P.

• edited January 27
    finally got user thanks to the paitence of @renmizo
    pm if you need a nudge
  • Got RCE, but can't for the life of me catch a reverse shell

Hack The Box

• awesome box, got root. dm if needed

• Interesting box, user was ridiculous and took me a long time. Overthought root but managed to finish it

• finally have user

Hack The Box

• On the inside but struggling around. Tried different approaches on different ports but seems like I am missing something .

f1rstr3am

• finally got root on this, really splendid machine! thanks @blackaugust for keeping me on the right path. great job @polarbearer creating this one as well!

• i am having a very weird error when trying to use the ke****** with s**. some help would be greatly appreciated :)

• If someone can DM me, not sure if I am in rabbit hole, I got Reverse Shell btw, but not sure for next

• edited January 31

EDIT:

For those who struggles:

User: you need to use the right name for the server.

Root: you need to be quick, the cleanup is stupid.

• Finally got root. That was a mental challenge for sure

Hack The Box

Sign In to comment.