Problem with POST Web Request Module in Academy

Basically, I need to escalate from "guest" to "admin" using cookies. I have tried changing the cookie to admin encoded in Base64 to no avail, yet for others it seems to have solved their problem. When I use it, I only get "Welcome, admin !" and nothing else. Any help?

Comments

  • The same problem.Have you solved it???

  • Not all encoders are created equal. Try using Burp to encode the cookie.

  • Type your comment> @farstrider said:

    Not all encoders are created equal. Try using Burp to encode the cookie.

    I have used the Burp encoder, just replace like this,from "guest_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" to "admin_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", not the anwser.

  • @BenchDing said:

    I have used the Burp encoder, just replace like this,from "guest_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" to "admin_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", not the anwser.

    I see your problem. Think about this: a typical website may have many guests, but how many admin(s)?

  • Type your comment> @farstrider said:

    @BenchDing said:

    I have used the Burp encoder, just replace like this,from "guest_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" to "admin_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", not the anwser.

    I see your problem. Think about this: a typical website may have many guests, but how many admin(s)?

    Thanks I understand, I have got the flag.

Sign In to comment.