Host seems down - active machines

Hi all,

This is my first try after the starting point and wanted to have some fun. However things didn't go that well. After I downloaded the vpn package and connect to the lab server with openvpn (got Initialization Sequence Completed), I tried to nmap scan but it tells me the host seems down. Then I tried to ping 10.10.10.3 and got 100% packet loss. I took a look at: https://forum.hackthebox.eu/discussion/3803/hosts-seems-down-lame-retired-machine but it didn't help. Is there a solution?

Thank you.

Comments

  • @Trist3 said:

    Hi all,

    This is my first try after the starting point and wanted to have some fun. However things didn't go that well. After I downloaded the vpn package and connect to the lab server with openvpn (got Initialization Sequence Completed), I tried to nmap scan but it tells me the host seems down. Then I tried to ping 10.10.10.3 and got 100% packet loss. I took a look at: https://forum.hackthebox.eu/discussion/3803/hosts-seems-down-lame-retired-machine but it didn't help. Is there a solution?

    Thank you.

    The first question is have you activated the Lame box?

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

  • ah what's a Lame box?

  • What is the name of the box you are looking at?

    You posted a link to Lame, so I assumed that's what you were looking at.

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

  • Type your comment> @TazWake said:

    What is the name of the box you are looking at?

    You posted a link to Lame, so I assumed that's what you were looking at.

    Oh, I was doing the Doctor. 10.10.10.209

  • @Trist3 said:

    Type your comment> @TazWake said:

    What is the name of the box you are looking at?

    You posted a link to Lame, so I assumed that's what you were looking at.

    Oh, I was doing the Doctor. 10.10.10.209

    So that explains why pinging 10.10.10.3 (Lame) resulted in 100% packet loss. You need to target 10.10.10.209 but make sure the Doctor machine is active first.

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

  • Oops, just tried to ping 10.10.10.209 and it worked! Thank you!

  • Awesome - glad to hear it! Hope you have fun with Doctor.

    TazWake

    Note: https://www.nohello.com/

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

Sign In to comment.