Official Ready Discussion

Official discussion thread for Ready. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• edited December 2020

I am unable to spawn this box on VIP+ :(
    Wow I am a fool lol. It says "Live" but on the page there is still time to release. Disregard me :D

• edited December 2020

*****-****** isn't rabbit hole?

• Any nudge with foothold...

• Type your comment> @Embargo said:

Any nudge with foothold...

I'm at this point as well :)

• Wow this medium box is easier than the last 2 easy ones. Got foothold, working on user now.

• edited December 2020

Reminds me of one of the previous easy machines actually. Got foothold too, should be straightforward to everyone as it is very well described in a nice video out there. Anyway, wait until you finish it to say whether it's easier or not than the other two :)

• Wow I kept searching around for priv esc. Turns out I could already read the user flag... Working on that root flag.

• Type your comment> @FQuen said:

Wow I kept searching around for priv esc. Turns out I could already read the user flag... Working on that root flag.

Weird. This isn't the case for me.

• i'm got user, some tips for root ?

• I was working on Worker and got frustrated. So I decided to try this nice new one for a change of scenery. "It'll be something new and different" I thought... LOL

• edited December 2020

Anyone able to get a shell? I pulled the user flag but haven't found a way to get a callback on my reverse shell. A nudge would be greatly appreciated

Disregard. I had a shell the whole time. I'm just blind :lol:
    I looked at who else I should go after and then went back to the UI much like a very recent box. I see a project but unsure if this is a rabbit hole. I was thinking there might be juicy that they accidentally pushed up.

zweeden

• Learned a lot from this box, was a fun challenge and showed me some cool new things :smile:

• Type your comment> @exord26 said:

i'm got user, some tips for root ?

Any tips for user?

• Not a very creative box....felt like I was redoing laboratory for a bit there...
  • edited December 2020

Got initial foothold, any nudges for user dd

• User was fun.. root is driving me insane. Doesn't help that I can't seem to get an interactive shell to work..

• edited December 2020

got foothold
    stucked on user esc
    got root

• edited December 2020

Still can't find a way to get D user..
    I got the /r_p but doesn't seem to be working on any user.
    Any nudges will be appreciated
    edit: rooted
    uid=0(root) gid=1001(xx) groups=1001(xx)

• edited December 2020

Type your comment> @ElleuchX1 said:

Still can't find a way to get D user..
    I got the /r_p but doesn't seem to be working on any user.
    Any nudges will be appreciated
    edit: rooted
    uid=0(root) gid=1001(xx) groups=1001(xx)

any nudge for D user? @ElleuchX1 @Embargo

• Looking to discuss. Got root flag but definitely not intended way. Never got. Shell. Lol definitely an odd box.

zweeden

• Finally rooted this machine and got the flags an unintended way. Nice box with some new learnings.

• I got shell with g user, but got stuck afterwards. Any nudges? :)

Hack The Box

• can't find the root flag pretty weird

• edited December 2020

Hey, I can’t find anything interesting. I already searched for directories with Dirbuster... nothing. Looked for something interesting in the source code... nothing.
    I would be very thankful if someone could give me a hint to what to look for, maybe via pm.
    EDIT: received a hint :)

• Is the machine broken as there's no root.txt anywhere?

Hack The Box

• Type your comment> @purplenavi said:

Is the machine broken as there's no root.txt anywhere?

Not broken. There is more work to do. This is where I am at and am having some errors with my process.

• edited December 2020

I read the user flag real easily (using one technique against the software), but don't seem to be able to get RCE (using a different technique against the same software), even though I've used this fine in other challenges. Therefore I can read a lot of things, but no shell for g or d user. Going round in circles. Anyone able to help me get back on track?

Edit: the RCE technique worked fine - I just had bad characters in my payload. Got root, and more. Good box - definitely learnt a few things - including to not take anything for granted and keep disciplined.

• any hints for initial foothold? send me a pm pls

• edited December 2020

Rooted!
    It was same like redoing the laboratory for initial part. But overall learnt an interesting technique while escalating to root.

Sign In to comment.