Help me!!

Gentlemens I need your help. I recently discovered the world of pentesting and I’d like you to help me get started. Could you send some useful books, courses and guides for beginner.

First - welcome, this is a fascinating area of technology.

Secondly, I would strongly recommend going through the HTB Starting Point machines before you get involved in the main boxes.

It is difficult to make suggestions about useful books etc as it really depends on what you want to learn and what your experience is already. Do you mean basic IT knowledge like networking, protocols etc? Or do you mean programming languages or do you mean specific pentester-type things like binary exploitation?

As a suggestion, go through the ippsec videos on YouTube and, after a couple of boxes you will have an idea of the general flow you need to use. This might help you make the question a bit easier to answer.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

First - welcome, this is a fascinating area of technology.

Secondly, I would strongly recommend going through the HTB Starting Point machines before you get involved in the main boxes.

It is difficult to make suggestions about useful books etc as it really depends on what you want to learn and what your experience is already. Do you mean basic IT knowledge like networking, protocols etc? Or do you mean programming languages or do you mean specific pentester-type things like binary exploitation?

As a suggestion, go through the ippsec videos on YouTube and, after a couple of boxes you will have an idea of the general flow you need to use. This might help you make the question a bit easier to answer.

I have working on Python for about two years and I always attracted to the topic of pentest, but I dont understand what knowledge a pentester should have

@Monsieur said:

I have working on Python for about two years and I always attracted to the topic of pentest, but I dont understand what knowledge a pentester should have

OK - start with the ippsec walkthroughs on YouTube.

Many thanks!> @TazWake said:

@Monsieur said:

OK - start with the ippsec walkthroughs on YouTube.