The machine active and not active the same time (problem)

Hello everyone,
I have started a retired machine called “Lame” and I don’t know what happened suddenly the machine every time I try to stop it, it popups “Machine not assigned to this lab.” and if I try to reach the machine with ping or nmap -Pn it’s not possible. Also if I try to work with another Machine it tells me “You already have an active machine.”. And if I try to reset the machine it says “Machine is not active.”.
I assume it stuck between vpns and don’t know how and why.

And also in the new UI it shows the “Lame” machine activated but when I get inside Lame page it tells me the machine actually inactive.

I need you help guys

You might get the most help from HTB - if you raise a jira ticket they should be able to resolve this for you.

I did yesterday, but no luck until now.
Before I upgrade to VIP+ everything was great, but after the upgrade I got that connection issues. I don’t know if that is relevant.

Have you changed your OVPN file since the upgrade?

yes, I was using US vpn connection and because of latency I change it to EU.

@FaisalG: and it was definitely a VIP/VIP+ connection pack?

If so, then you need to raise this with HTB (via jira) to see if they can fix the problem.

yes.
I have been waiting since yesterday,I hope they respond.
Now I can not use or do any thing, I feel like I’m wasting my upgrade.

@FaisalG said:

yes.
I have been waiting since yesterday,I hope they respond.
Now I can not use or do any thing, I feel like I’m wasting my upgrade.

I’d definitely try to chase them - you’ve paid money for this and I agree it feels like its being wasted.

I am a new user, just joined and paid for VIP yesterday, having the exact same problem. Submitting Jira ticket now. I did play with making different VPN connections back and forth when I first joined.

Exact same problem for me, and this is the second time in just a few days. I tried to start a machine and it got stuck. Now I can’t do anything. I did not change my VPN connection though. I just opened a second ticket. Really enjoying the VIP+ for now xD

I just switched to VIP today and started facing issues with all the retired machines can’t nmap, ncat or ping them.

This is such a big issue HTB must look at it, i have already opened a jira ticket but no response yet.

Same here. Big mistake for me to upgrade

keeps telling me to stop my active machine and no machine is active