Official Academy Discussion

Official discussion thread for Academy. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• Wishing all of you best of luck . This will be my very first , first blood attempt.

• I'm having issues spawning the box. Anyone is facing the same?

Hack The Box

• Yup, first blood has already been done and I'm still waiting for the box to spawn as well. Very frustrating...

• is that thing on that port relevant ?

• anyone got creds for a**** page?

• Found s** file. Will be looking closer on this.

hopihallido

• Was able to get admin and hit staging and see some interesting info but cant seem to remotely connect or get a foothold. Is this a rabbit hole? Where to go from here?

zweeden

• Type your comment> @zweeden said:

Was able to get admin and hit staging and see some interesting info but cant seem to remotely connect or get a foothold. Is this a rabbit hole? Where to go from here?

can u nudge me ?

• I think the box is acting weird across all servers AU, US, EU ...etc
    All files are having 777 permissions

• found some web pages and a high port, not getting much so far.

n3wb1e

• Is the admin login a rabbit hole ?

n3wb1e

• Got a reverse-shell!

• @sT0wn said:
    Got a reverse-shell!

Any tips?

• edited November 7

Just got a foothold. Ran some enumeration scripts but didn't see much and don't know where to go from here. Saw a bunch of users and saw a couple of files.
    Anyone know where to go from here? Or just discussion in general?
    Any nudges appreciated :)

zweeden

• @zweeden said:
    Just got a foothold. Ran some enumeration scripts but didn't see much and don't know where to go from here. Saw a bunch of users and saw a couple of files.
    Anyone know where to go from here? Or just discussion in general?
    Any nudges appreciated :)

Any advice? I feel like I'm spinning my wheels once I got into the a**** page

• After enumerating for a while, I found a file with s** creds, but probably not useful for now..
    What took my attention is the A** Ke* for L****el tried few things with it but it got me nowhere
    is that file a rabbithole?

• Just got user and looking for some assistance/help on privesc/rooting - I've enumerated and done the usual things and noticed the new group but didnt read anything interesting. I must be missing something.

Nudges would be greatly appreciated.
    DM me please or if you need hints to get to user :)

zweeden

• @ElleuchX1 said:
    After enumerating for a while, I found a file with s** creds, but probably not useful for now..
    What took my attention is the A** Ke* for L****el tried few things with it but it got me nowhere
    is that file a rabbithole?

I'm stuck here as well :(

• edited November 8
    Rooted!

Took a while to find the fairly obvious path to root... 😊🙏

Tnx @UrbanMystery and @LeBofDuRa
  • just rooted! feel free to dm or discuss! curious how others went about it!

zweeden

• Just finished, what a box! Here's a few tips that can help.

Foothold: Check how you can escalate your privileges as a user on the academy, you'll be led to a nice hidden place. Follow what you find, and you'll find some interesting secrets. Use the secrets to your advantage to craft a gateway - what you want is closer than you think!

User: The academy has more secrets, just need to find them. You'll find a few, but this particular secret is distinct from the others - don't doubt yourself, try it!

Root: You're considered a particular type of user, rather privileged, you can see what others have done. You might need to audit a thing or two, you'll find a new secret. Afterwards you'll discover a new privilege - just feed it what it wants and you'll get root.

• edited November 8

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
    big thanks to @zweeden :)

• Can... this be a feature on HtB?

Not the vuln obviously but the "Academy" thing. Was not expecting to see something so put together on a box, fantastic work @egre55 and @mrb3n

LMAY75
    Always happy to help, DM me if you need anything!
    Link to Profile

• great machine @egre55 and @mrb3n , maybe a "medium" rating would be more appropriate ;o)

Awesome ASCII art !

• I got the user flag, but how do I escalate to root I am confused......plz help..

• any hints for as user to escalate admin priv

• I got a directory on the web server named Mo*****_f**** does this one help or I am in a rabbit hole

• Type your comment> @St4yc4lm said:

I got a directory on the web server named Mo*****_f**** does this one help or I am in a rabbit hole

I guess it's a rabbit hole, since you should find a more interesting page once you are more privileged than the mass...

• rooted nice box

Arrexel
    OSCP | I'm not a rapper

Sign In to comment.