Where can I practice enumerating linux

Hello everyone!
After solving a couple of machines, I realized that I have problems finding users and root. Are there any tools or resources where you can practice raising privileges on a linux machine?
I will be very grateful for your help

For GTFOBins privilege escalation you can try ‘linsecurity’ vm.

For enumeration you can watch ippsec Linux videos. Enumeration depends on your patience. Practice manual enumeration for files, services running on localhost, docker, file permissions, SUID first. Then you can create your own enum script or you can use the existing ones like linenum.sh, lisa.sh…

Good luck ??

If you want to practice enumeration for privilege escalation, it’s actually rather easy. There are loads of resources to learn this. A good way to learn more linux enumeration is to check any Ippsec or hackthebox writeup on retired machines, they’re always helpful, start with looking at writeups (privilege escalation) for easy machines and then medium and then gradually move to the hard and insane ones. I’d also recommend trying out some vulnhub machines specifically meant to aid and/or educate you in privilege escalation basics such as Escalate My Privileges: 1 ~ VulnHub and Escalate_Linux: 1 ~ VulnHub

Thank you for your suggestions friends, I will definitely try and see
Is there any literature on this topic or a Chapter in the book?

Type your comment> @Bobba26 said:

Thank you for your suggestions friends, I will definitely try and see
Is there any literature on this topic or a Chapter in the book?

Not as far as I know to be honest, I guess you could check out TheCybermentor’s course on Linux privilege escalation, but those aren’t very “enumeration” focused, they’re more of just showing you privilege escalation vectors, how to detect and exploit them.

TL;DR: No, most of it is just accumulated knowledge and from past experiences.