How to exclude machine writeups from google search results?

When searching for specific exploits, I often encounter the HTB writeup for the exact machine I’m working on, especially on retired machines, is there any way to exclude it from my search results without actually impairing the results?

Best I can do is dork like this:

somesoftware v1.0 exploit -htb -writeup

If I forgot, I just fling my eyes and exit the tab, hopefully haven’t read anything, if I did, then the experience of the whole box is now ruined.

Do you guys have a better method of doing this? It’s just annoying.

For me, it kind of depends on what you are searching for. I’ve never come across a write up for a box by accident.

As an example, if I am doing bitlab and I want to find an exploit for Gitlab https://www.google.com/search?q=gitlab+exploit doesn’t return anything related to HTB, even though the box retired 10 months ago and there are a lot of unlocked write-ups.

It might be worth trying to be more specific in the search terms. For example “somesoftware v1.0 exploitdb”

Type your comment> @doubleu said:

When searching for specific exploits, I often encounter the HTB writeup for the exact machine I’m working on, especially on retired machines, is there any way to exclude it from my search results without actually impairing the results?

Best I can do is dork like this:

somesoftware v1.0 exploit -htb -writeup

If I forgot, I just fling my eyes and exit the tab, hopefully haven’t read anything, if I did, then the experience of the whole box is now ruined.

Do you guys have a better method of doing this? It’s just annoying.

sudo apt install exploitdb

Now you have the entire exploitdb database on your local machine. If you are running Kali it is already installed by default.