Cache Write-Up by T13nn3s

My write-up of the box Cache. If you have any improvements or additions I would like to hear! I look forward to learning from you guys!

https://binsec.nl/hack-the-box-write-up-cache-10-10-10-188/

t13nn3s
You can find write-ups and walkthroughs on my personal blog: https://binsec.nl

Tagged:

Comments

  • Great writeup! I just really disliked the hms.htb part when doing the machine initially, not fun stuff. But nevertheless great machine and writeup!

  • Looks good! Congratgulations

    Hack The Box

  • edited October 11

    Actually, you don't have root privileges on the box, you have root priv in the container. However, I admit it's easy to finish the job from there... ;-)

    https://flast101.github.io

    flast101

    QmUgQ3VyaW91cywgTGVhcm5pbmcgaXMgTGlmZSAhCg==

  • Type your comment> @flast101 said:

    Actually, you don't have root privileges on the box, you have root priv in the container. However, I admit it's easy to finish the job from there... ;-)

    Im 3 ranks higher than you somehow.

    Hack The Box

  • Type your comment> @DancinHype said:

    Type your comment> @flast101 said:

    Actually, you don't have root privileges on the box, you have root priv in the container. However, I admit it's easy to finish the job from there... ;-)

    Im 3 ranks higher than you somehow.

    It's primarily because you don't lose ranks such as "Pro hacker", "Omniscient".
    Once you have them, you have them for life pretty much, looks like you have done more active machines than flast101.

  • Finding Multiple ways to own a box >> Owning Multiple boxes in a single way.

    This wont applicable for every machines. But this is truly knowledgeable when you can exploit a machine in number of ways rather than going for intended way alone.

    What I want to say here is knowledge doesn't get affected directly by doing a number of boxes, but it does get broaden if you take a machine as a lab and doing it in multiple ways.

    @TazWake @PapyrusTheGuru correct me if I did anything wrong here. :)

    A Chemist doing Penetration Testing - Check the Story here: BinaryBiceps

  • edited October 12

    Sorry guys, I don't know what you're talking about.

    @flast101 said:
    Actually, you don't have root privileges on the box, you have root priv in the container. However, I admit it's easy to finish the job from there... ;-)

    I only said about the end of the writeup that @T13nn3s wrote, as this is the subject of this thread.

    Edit: Ok I get it. @DancinHype was mentioning our ranks in the global ranking, i'm 778 and he is 775 although he has a few points less... Ranks are not exact imo, and anyway I don't care as I'm still noob.

    https://flast101.github.io

    flast101

    QmUgQ3VyaW91cywgTGVhcm5pbmcgaXMgTGlmZSAhCg==

  • Type your comment> @gunroot said:

    Finding Multiple ways to own a box >> Owning Multiple boxes in a single way.

    This wont applicable for every machines. But this is truly knowledgeable when you can exploit a machine in number of ways rather than going for intended way alone.

    What I want to say here is knowledge doesn't get affected directly by doing a number of boxes, but it does get broaden if you take a machine as a lab and doing it in multiple ways.

    @TazWake @PapyrusTheGuru correct me if I did anything wrong here. :)

    Oh, you are definitely right. Every environment is different to a degreew, knowing how to do something multiple ways or differently is priceless, not to mention the euphoria you get when you find an unintended method. So definitely agree with you on this one.

  • Nice writeup

  • Type your comment> @0xstain said:

    Nice writeup

    Thanks, @0xstain!

    t13nn3s
    You can find write-ups and walkthroughs on my personal blog: https://binsec.nl

Sign In to comment.