[Web] Baby SQL changed?

Just to make sure I’m not crazy, did Baby SQL change between when it was first released to now?

@berninator said:

Just to make sure I’m not crazy, did Baby SQL change between when it was first released to now?

I dont know - I never completed it.

It looks like it was retired though, but it could be some odd goings-on related to the tracks.

It shows as having htb-bot as the first blood which seems strange - same with Baby Interdimensional Internet.

Yeah it was released yesterday, I’m assuming as part of the Synack track. When I first looked at it on 1 Oct, is used something like*real_escape_string(), as mentioned in the challenge’s description. Then starting yesterday, it’s using a different function.

Not a huge deal, I just wanted to see if this was intentional.

It was changed, but the solution still remains the same.

It is showing up as retired for me

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

It is showing up as retired for me

Retired Challenges on 4 Oct 2020 - Album on Imgur

Yeah, I’m not disputing that it’s retired. The release date was 1 October 2020 so it’s still new, regardless.

@berninator said:

Yeah, I’m not disputing that it’s retired. The release date was 1 October 2020 so it’s still new, regardless.

I get that, but the point was it was released and retired. Which is odd. Retiring a challenge within 3 days doesn’t normally happen.

Releasing a challenge, changing it and then retiring it in 3 days is even stranger.

It was never released as an active challenge, it’s a part of the synack track.