Manuel shell not working...

Ive been trying different methods of spawning a tty shell…and none of them are working. The connection keeps crashing, so I cannot use su or sudo from a listener…Please help

@mrgrooves said:

Ive been trying different methods of spawning a tty shell…and none of them are working. The connection keeps crashing, so I cannot use su or sudo from a listener…Please help

It is difficult to help without more details.

For example, are you on a box where a tty shell is possible? When you say they are crashing, what is causing that? What have you tried to establish the shell?

If this is related to a specific box, it’s probably best asking it in the thread for that box.

Sorry, I didn’t tag Blunder…I am able to use both metasploit, and the python exploit., but I cannot execute any helpful commands including a tty shell. I cannot use the su command to use a password…idk how specific I can be in this post :slight_smile:

@mrgrooves said:

Sorry, I didn’t tag Blunder…I am able to use both metasploit, and the python exploit., but I cannot execute any helpful commands including a tty shell. I cannot use the su command to use a password…idk how specific I can be in this post :slight_smile:

Ok if you metasploit but the shell it drops into isn’t very useful it might be down to the version of msf you are running or the payload.

Hopefully someone on the box thread will help because I’ve no idea here. It worked for me :smile: