NetCat connection issue

I'm soo close to get user hash for Tabby but i'm stuck, not for logic problem but for address probelms... I get Tomcat login credential, with curl command i uploaded the msfvenom generated payload (i'm trying to reassume for not making sploilers) and than i can't connect to the reverse shell i created and succefully uploaded.
I don't want answers for the machine because i already know how to get in, i need help because for the new Arena features i can't connect into the machines (I can scan them but cannot connect into the reverse_shells)!

Tagged:

Comments

• Hey @14t3r .
    If you're discussing this in 'Official Tabby Discussion', you will get answers or nudges quickly. Because most people avoids random/issue oriented threads.

One more thing, don't post unnecessary things like vulnerability, username, exploit name, maybe it will be considered as spoilers.

A Chemist doing Penetration Testing - Check the Story here: BinaryBiceps

• Try to switch VPN servers, if you your VPN blocks incoming connections.

• Raise JIRA ticket, if problem persists.
    I also encountered this issue, but switching VPN fixed it. But its good to report the issue.

• ok i'll try @gunroot! I'll post discussion with less details...

• @14t3r said:

I don't want answers for the machine because i already know how to get in, i need help because for the new Arena features i can't connect into the machines (I can scan them but cannot connect into the reverse_shells)!

What are the new "Arena" features? When you say you cant connect into reverse shells what happens?

TazWake

Note: https://www.nohello.com/

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

• ok i'll try @gunroot! I'll post discussion with less details... i think i have one last issue, i edit the ovpn file to connect with tcp but when i reload the htb access it still say i'm connected to port 1337 (udp) and not port 443 (tcp). I changed:
    proto udp
    remote edge-us-free-3.hackthebox.eu 1337

to:
    proto tcp
    remote edge-us-free-3.hackthebox.eu 443

• @TazWake nothing happen when i type netcat listen command "nc -lvnp 4444"
    the response is "Ncat: Listening on 0.0.0.0:4444", when i active the payload with the curl method nothing happen like he can't reach my machine

• edited September 2020

@14t3r said:

@TazWake nothing happen when i type netcat listen command "nc -lvnp 4444"
    the response is "Ncat: Listening on 0.0.0.0:4444", when i active the payload with the curl method nothing happen like he can't reach my machine

Is that on every box or just Tabby?

EDITED TO ADD:

In msvenom what LHOST did you specify?

TazWake

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

• Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@14t3r said:

@TazWake nothing happen when i type netcat listen command "nc -lvnp 4444"

Is that on every box or just Tabby?

EDITED TO ADD:

In msvenom what LHOST did you specify?

it happen in every box

LHOST i specificed the ip from tan0 interface (ip address)

• Ok, if it is every box then the chances are it is something on your system.

TazWake

• Type your comment> @TazWake said:

Ok, if it is every box then the chances are it is something on your system.

I have a Oracle Virtual Machine with bridge connection setting.. With other machines i never had problem.. With Tracexec i exploit that with a revere shell and get the hash, after the opening of the CTF i can't change my htb connection to tcp (so to 443 port). I'll try to reinstall OS or set all setting by default. Thanks a lot for help anyways!!!

• @14t3r - ok, its certainly worth working through some troubleshooting to see if you can identify where the issue lies.

TazWake

• @14t3r
    I had the same issues before when I was on an VM.
    Could not get NC shell.
    However, when I changed my network to be NAT (changed from Bridge) it all started working properly.

Always happy to help others. 100% human

https://www.mindfueldaily.com/livewell/thank-you/

• Type your comment> @acidbat said:

@14t3r
    I had the same issues before when I was on an VM.
    Could not get NC shell.
    However, when I changed my network to be NAT (changed from Bridge) it all started working properly.

Nothing changed, htb access page still say i'm connected with port 1337 so with a udp connection so i can't make a tcp connection with the reverse shell

• edited September 2020

followed the advice above to use the tun0 address. worked for me. switched my server too

• Similar issue that I ve been facing a lot when I try to nc. It says connect to [ip] from example.com [ip] and nothing happens. I am using Kali linux on vm. Please help!

• @Dazzle2013 said:

Similar issue that I ve been facing a lot when I try to nc. It says connect to [ip] from example.com [ip] and nothing happens. I am using Kali linux on vm. Please help!

That is the default behaviour for netcat - the "nothing happens" is normally just netcat waiting for commands.

If you are trying to make a netcat to netcat connection, then at least one end needs to call a shell. If you haven't set it up to do this, it wont work.

TazWake

Sign In to comment.