Point system don't understand

Hi , I am new to Hack the box.Few day age i solved my first machine . I own both user and root but got only one point. I solved another one and this time i got 4 points.I really don’t understand the point system…Is there anything i missed that i got such low points …

@Crypticsec said:

Hi , I am new to Hack the box.Few day age i solved my first machine . I own both user and root but got only one point. I solved another one and this time i got 4 points.I really don’t understand the point system…Is there anything i missed that i got such low points …

I don’t really know how it works, other than how it has looked like it works to me. I’ve no idea what the intent actually is.

First, most points only get updated at the end of the day. You can normally see two scores on your account - the one at the top under your name is normally significantly higher than the one by the ranking if you’ve scored in the last day.

If you have a look at Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs it shows how your points are calculated.

Another thing to note is challenge points are divided by 10, whereas machine points are worth what they say. And all your points are multiplied by your ownership, which is the percentage of all the active content you’ve solved. Your points grow faster the more you solve.

1 Like

Thanks man…