Official Laser Discussion

Official discussion thread for Laser. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• getting in first. GL everyone

adyd

• 4 minutes into user blood, was that The Creator?

• Type your comment> @solid5n4k3 said:

4 minutes into user blood, was that The Creator?

4 min 4 s, to be precise. Sick .. or a "security bug".

k4wld
    Discord: k4wld#5627

• Type your comment> @solid5n4k3 said:

4 minutes into user blood, was that The Creator?

meanwhile laser...am i a joke to you !

• Thought it could not happen! My first scan runs longer :)

• That is pretty fast for any flag on an insane box. I kind of suspect it will turn out to be a bug and get patched.

TazWake

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible!

Also: https://www.nohello.com/

• Type your comment> @TazWake said:

That is pretty fast for any flag on an insane box. I kind of suspect it will turn out to be a bug and get patched.

i think the same as rope2

• Also, how can someone rate box brainfuck if it is live only 1-2 hours. :D

• edited August 8

Insane and user flag in 00:04:04? , at 4th minute my nmap shows connecting to host .... FML.

• @nav1n said:

Insane and user flag in 00:04:04? , at 4th minute my nmap shows connecting to host .... FML.

It was an open port that shouldn't be open, one msf module and it was done, but they fixed it, now it's good.

'These violent delights have violent ends'

• Type your comment> @Caracal said:

@nav1n said:

It was an open port that shouldn't be open, one msf module and it was done, but they fixed it, now it's good.

rip port 161 :(

• edited August 9

Good god this is rough. Normally I have some inkling of what to do but beyond trying to fuzz the two high ports to return something different than usual at all I have no clue. Can't seem to get a crash nor can I determine anything from the packets.

Hack The Box

• This is funny that an insane rated machine's user get just pwned in 4 mins. Might be an unintentional way. Hope it is fixed up.

A Chemist doing Penetration Testing - Check the Story here: BinaryBiceps

• Anyone else stuck at decrypting the big file?

• Still no roots?

TazWake

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible!

• Type your comment> @TazWake said:

Still no roots?

still no proper user :).

• @solid5n4k3 said:

still no proper user :).

Another scary box!

TazWake

• How am I supposed tog reach guru if boxes like ropetwo and laser keep coming out :smiley:
  • any one can helps with decoding the file ???

• User was a blast! What an adventure - I'm really enjoying this machine.

Thanks for this challenge @MrR3boot and @R4J !

• Good work @R1scky. Glad that you are having fun on this box ;)

MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

• edited August 10

Just started today. Few ports open. Saw one port :) and Laser sounds something very commonly used in day to day life. Found one git tool and now struggling :D how to move ahead. The tool says connection established :) but cant execute command :) need to search more.
    Found a file with hash. Now struggling to decrypt it.

• x03x03
    edited August 10

Anyone with enc type nudge? - Not able to retrieve data - have both required contents - or if you can suggest any tool/working URL.

• Also stuck with the file.. tried with some .xx to txt convert without success

• Anyone figure out what to do with that file? Or is it a rabbit hole?

ruskii

• I figured out the encryption part. I used python. PM for a nudge.

• Could someone PM me tips on attacking the p****e dese**********n? With bu****ns disabled it's tough.

Hack The Box

• Type your comment> @cmperk said:

Could someone PM me tips on attacking the p****e dese**********n? With bu****ns disabled it's tough.

same here

• i am struggling with decryption part can any one give me the nudge please

• edited August 12

Thanks @MrR3boot & @R4J, great and insane box, user was a blast ! root was straightforward.

'These violent delights have violent ends'

Sign In to comment.