i am having problem with sauna

i tried to use GetNPUsers.py EGOTISTICAL-BANK.LOCAL/fsmith but i get this error: -bash: GetNPUsers.py: command not found

can anyone help me

Do you have it installed and in your path?

it is install and it is not letting me use any tools

Then it probably isn’t installed in your path.

Try using the exact path to the script.

still does not work

Just to check:

1. you are running it with the exact path to the impacket file
  2. when you run it, the only response you get is GetNPUsers.py: command not found

Is that correct? Because based on that I’d say it wasn’t installed properly.

Alternatively, try python /path/to/GetNPUsers.py or use tab completion to make sure the case is correct.

i get

python: can’t open file ‘/path/to/GetNPUsers.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Ok so that is slightly different.

Permissions might be an issue if you are confident the file exists in the place it says.

Alternatively, permissions required by GetNPUSers.py might not be met by the context you are running in.

There are lots of potential issues here and it is super hard to do a remote troubleshoot without the exact details.

How are you invoking the command? What are the directory permissions you are using? How did you install it? If you run ls /path/to/* -al what do you see?

At a very basic level the error is saying the python interpreter cant see the script. You need to work out what is causing that. Or try making the script executable (chmod +x /path/to/script) and running it without python first. It should have the environment set at the beginning to allow that (although you might need to check this with head -n1 /path/to/script first).

ls: cannot access ‘/path/to/*’: No such file or directory

head: cannot open ‘/path/to/script’ for reading: No such file or directory

Just to check - you aren’t using /path/to literally are you?

Are you replacing this with the actual path to the file you want to run?

A long shot, but did you try “sudo GetNPUsers.py…”? From time to time Kali tries to convince me a command doesn’t exist, while it does, but I just forgot to add ‘sudo’ in front. I don’t know the app or command you’re trying to run, so a bit of a long shot, but you never know.

Tapping in on the long shot as well;
you could try and run; ‘locate GetNPUsers.py’ from your terminal
Then based on results (which will give you the entire path to the GetNPUsers.py) type python3 /path_to_GetNPUsers.py

Just my $2 50c