Official Mission Pinpossible Discussion

Official discussion thread for Mission Pinpossible. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• The given image is the emulation of the real hardware?

• Type your comment> @alienum said:

The given image is the emulation of the real hardware?

No, as I understood its just an intercepted data. There should be a software to read it.

• could someone help me? I don't how to read the file. I downloaded an app but I need help

• Very popular soft/hardware for this kind of stuff, import the file and see what data you can get out of it. The image is not just decoration

0x41

• Could anyone give me a hand? I've decoded the data using a logic analyser but its still not making much sense to me

• Type your comment> @megroooster said:

Could anyone give me a hand? I've decoded the data using a logic analyser but its still not making much sense to me

I think the given image is the hint

• man, im so confused. i exported this data as CSV and wrote a py script to just parse the data, and there is zero info on what the flag can be

• Having issues here myself, I've "worked" with Oscis and MC since my / their childhood but I'm unable to make anything out of it. If that's supposed to be binary data then 1.) it's quite a lot and the analysers wont export it as needed (or I don't know how), that means I could be noting down bits till 2:00 a.m. 2.) no idea how to make 12 keys from 2 bits.

Hack The Box

BYONC (Don't steal, my T-Shirt)

• edited July 22

This was a really cool challenge. I've always wanted to get into hardware hacking, but never had the opportunity to do so. I feel like this was a decent crash course.

However, I keep noticing what look to me like discrepancies in the bit stream that don't match everything I've been reading about the protocol. Has anyone else noticed these? I just can't figure them out. I've already completed the challenge, but it's driving me kind of nuts not understanding these small details.

opt1kz

• How exactly do you do this?
    i got a logic analyser, exported the result as csv but how would you get a flag from this?

• Type your comment> @opt1kz said:

This was a really cool challenge. I've always wanted to get into hardware hacking, but never had the opportunity to do so. I feel like this was a decent crash course.

However, I keep noticing what look to me like discrepancies in the bit stream that don't match everything I've been reading about the protocol. Has anyone else noticed these? I just can't figure them out. I've already completed the challenge, but it's driving me kind of nuts not understanding these small details.

Feel free to DM me.

• Type your comment> @opt1kz said:

pm me with more details, i think i know what you're talking about

0x41

Sign In to comment.