Comments

• @LMAY75 said:
    > I GOT THE QUERY RIGHT HELLLLL YEAAA!!! :sunglasses:

Yayy!!! 😂🤣

A Chemist doing Penetration Testing - Check the Story here: BinaryBiceps

• edited October 2020

*Spoiler Removed*

LMAY75
    Always happy to help, DM me if you need anything!
    Link to Profile

• Anyone willing to help me with the s***d part? I have execution but can't figure out how to get shell or do it without

• Finally rooted, but it was really hard.

• edited October 2020

This doesn't make sense... the user is prevented from writing over the buffer. Is this a rabbit hole?

LMAY75
    Always happy to help, DM me if you need anything!
    Link to Profile

• Hi, could someone dm why my generated cookie isn't working I know the attack I need to perform but nothing seems to work.

• edited October 2020

Type your comment> @mohabaks said:

Hi, could someone dm why my generated cookie isn't working I know the attack I need to perform but nothing seems to work.

I'm in the same spot... Swear I'm doing everything right and have tried the various options based on the source.

Edit: NVM had it right. silly mistake on my part...

Hack The Box

• edited November 2020

~Anyone around who could spare a hint on how to get access to the libc (or any binary file at all)? Currently stuck at crafting a proper chain, but trying to retrieve anything that is not a text file produces an error :(~

NVM, I first needed to embarrass myself :tired_face:

Hack The Box
    GREM | OSCE | GASF | eJPT

• Sad to see this box seems to be retiring at the weekend.

It is a hard one, I'd suggest if you hadn't already made progress on it by now, it probably isn't worth starting.

TazWake

Note: https://www.nohello.com/

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

• No way, just got the admin secret. They can't retire it !

FaguoZai

• Luckily, I managed to finish that one 2 days ago :)

I really enjoyed that box and the fact that you (usually) won't get a shell until you're root :D

Hack The Box

• @HomeSen said:
    Luckily, I managed to finish that one 2 days ago :)

I really enjoyed that box and the fact that you (usually) won't get a shell until you're root :D

same here.

i really enjoyed all of the (different) challenges that machine provided. especially that last part which i have never done before.

thanks @sokafr for an absolutely amazing machine ;)

• @FaguoZai said:
    No way, just got the admin secret. They can't retire it !

i had the impression you were working on another machine :wink:

• Can't figure out how to trick that damn signature check. The code looks solid to me.

Bruteforcing the missing part seems a bit ambitious.

FaguoZai

• edited November 2020

@xaif7aLe said:

i had the impression you were working on another machine :wink:

Well, I needed a break after few hours feeling lonely on that open source social network, talking to soul less people ! But I sure will get back to it

FaguoZai

• @FaguoZai said:
    The code looks solid to me.

ouch! never trust homebrewed "security" solutions (especially when it comes to ... that subject you were talking about) ;)

• @xaif7aLe said:

@FaguoZai said:
    The code looks solid to me.

ouch! never trust homebrewed "security" solutions (especially when it comes to ... that subject you were talking about) ;)

Well, to be fair, it's a quite subtle issue. And many people still don't know that kind of attack (even though it already is quite old) ;)

Hack The Box

• > @HomeSen said:
    > Well, to be fair, it's a quite subtle issue. And many people still don't know that kind of attack (even though it already is quite old) ;)

whenever i see critical functionality (i.e. protecting confidentiality, integrity, availability) implemented *by hand* (as in contrast to using a well tested and verified library) some alarm goes off ;)
  • Sorry to see it go. One of my all time favourites. Took me weeks to finish, but I learned so much.

@TazWake said:
    > Sad to see this box seems to be retiring at the weekend.
    >
    > It is a hard one, I'd suggest if you hadn't already made progress on it by now, it probably isn't worth starting.
  • Yeah got user!

@xaif7aLe and @HomeSen you made some cryptography lectures come back to my mind.

Now, what I found is intimidating

FaguoZai

• @FaguoZai just take small steps (this isn't a cryptic hint)
  • Since so far I have just got remote read access I hope that "Everything is a file in Linux" stands here

FaguoZai

• you definitely don't have to read *everything*; a single file will do.

go back to you nmap result to know which one.
  • Stuck on elevation of privilege. Just saw this is retiring so trying to get it before it does and wish I noticed earlier in the week. I have a shell at the moment and looking into the next steps. Happy to take a nudge. Just getting a shell took a while.

• @kedetzer0 said:

Stuck on elevation of privilege. Just saw this is retiring so trying to get it before it does and wish I noticed earlier in the week. I have a shell at the moment and looking into the next steps. Happy to take a nudge. Just getting a shell took a while.

Read the source code and work out how to exploit the binary, then exploit it.

If you are good at binary exploitation this might be easy for you. I found it really, really challenging though.

TazWake

Note: https://www.nohello.com/

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

Sign In to comment.