Official Intense Discussion

Comments

• is it normal for s**p to crash after single use, or why will i not be able to re-use after stopping? resetting solved it once, but i dont know how to avoid it

• @Enyone said:
    is it normal for s**p to crash after single use, or why will i not be able to re-use after stopping? resetting solved it once, but i dont know how to avoid it

It gets reset every so often.

• Type your comment> @metuldann said:

@Enyone said:
    is it normal for s**p to crash after single use, or why will i not be able to re-use after stopping? resetting solved it once, but i dont know how to avoid it

Do you mean the machine? i really dont want to reset all the time :D

• @Enyone said:
    Type your comment> @metuldann said:

@Enyone said:

Do you mean the machine? i really dont want to reset all the time :D

Seems like that service you mentioned is reset every so often. Sometimes it doesn't respond, sometimes it times out, etc. Keep trying and you'll get there. :smile:

• edited July 10
    This box is really awesome and I enjoyed all the way upto first shell.
    Onto root!

A Chemist doing Penetration Testing - Check the Story here: BinaryBiceps

• edited July 9

Finally user!!!! What a ride that was.....

Thanks to @HomeSen for all the help...

• Rooted.
    Kudos to @sokafr for this great box!

• rooted! nice box @sokafr

• i really cant get anything any clue

• Damn, finally rooted.. Thanks !

Feel free to PM me

Hack The Box

Write ups FR : https://hackingdom.io/

• edited July 10

would appreciate some guidance on the last steps to the root - how to turn byte-wrangling over the the wire into something evil. I can read / write / copy but no idea how to use that.

🙇🏻‍♂️

• need a nudge for S**i part of foothold. really stuck :(

Hack The Box

• anyone can help me in b*n exploitation part

• edited July 11

I hope it not spoiler...
    Use correct box for rooting.
    I think Kali box enough for all and I made big mistake
    Take box identical to target

UPD
    Rooted
    Thanks @sokafr for box, @MrSHolmes and @Hato0 :)

• Hi, could someone share a nudge on how create an error or a long query in a sqlite request, please ? :smile:

• check out the available sq***e functions and find what you are searching for :)

• Type your comment> @voydstack said:

check out the available sq***e functions and find what you are searching for :)

Well, I feel like I have look at the documentation quite extensively and I didn't find anything that i could use. With the filters at least.
    I could really use a more specific nudge, maybe in PM if you feel like it's spoiling.

• Thanks @traut for the nudge.

• If someone is available to check my syntax for the last part of privesc, I would greatly appreciate a PM. Thanks.

• Anyone that solved the B*F please PM me, I'm stuck on calculating an O****t

• Thanks to an very patient @ollypwn I got user yesterday night. now I'm stuck on getting a shell :blush:

Hack The Box

• Shell is not needed !

• If anyone has fun discussion an idea for an unintended path to root, PM me (only if you rooted it already, please)

Hack The Box

• @sokafr I figured that out, when the service kept on crashing as soon as I had a connection :blush: still looking for another, more safe, way

Hack The Box

• edited July 19

is anyone willing to give me a nudge for the final part? :) please pm

EDIT: I solved it finally. my first time approaching this kind of exploit, thank you so much for the box and the experience :)

• finally finished the box. What a learning journey it was, especially that nasty road to root :smiley:

pm for hints or emotional support

• @traut said:
    finally finished the box. What a learning journey it was, especially that nasty road to root :smiley:

pm for hints or emotional support

Fully agree! That was a puzzle and a half. What an amazing box @sokafr. Thanks :blush:

• edited July 18

Thanks to @sokafr for uploading this amazing box, the root part of this machine was impossible for me, but thanks to the explanation given by @CHUCHO and @fr0ster I was able to root it

My hints:

User:

• In those types of cases you need to try harder
    • (Shell) Don't forget the first rule of the Fight Club

Root:

• It's the first thing you found, research on birds, ropes and don't give up. I was able to get this part thanks to the help of @CHUCHO and @fr0ster

if this is spoiler, feel free to remove it

• Finally! That was an intense machine! Thanks @sokafr for the learning experience. Not even sure where to start with hints as there are about 7 attacks/exploits required here. Happy to give nudges but be required to do some work on this machine.

$ whoami && id && hostname
    root
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
    intense

4t0ys3d

• Does anybody know if sn**d restart once in a while?

Sign In to comment.