Official Bounty Head Discussion

Official discussion thread for Bounty Head. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• Anyone else stuck at the last part?

badge
    profile: https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/users/profile/114435
    discord: Celesian#0558

• The flag is neither encoded nor encrypted and the flag string is contained inside the HTB{(.*)} flag format.

MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

• im still stuck at the last bit. i have random string that i doesnt seem to fit anywhere.

• edited June 26

So, I found a hash for a certain network service, but hashcat doesn't like it for no apparent reason. Anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT:
    Comparing it to the example hashes, it seems like the salt is a lot longer.

Hack The Box
    GREM | OSCE | GASF | eJPT

• edited July 1

Having the same issue breaking the salted hash...

EDIT:
    Got a step further. Be creative and DIY here..

• I managed to connect to the server, I listened to everything that goes by, but I don't understand ... any hints ?

• edited July 25

Edit: Stuck on the last bit now as well.

opt1kz
    https://i.imgur.com/4jXzPqJ.png
    404 Friend Not Found

• Well, this challenge is frustrating the heck out of me. It was fun right up until the very last part....

I have successfully connected to the server. I've seen the messages, I've seen the logs. I've subscribed to the channel from the logs. Nothing. I've also managed to kick off the other client.

I would really appreciate a nudge because this is driving me insane. Thanks :smiley:

badge

• Type your comment> @hammerzeit said:

Well, this challenge is frustrating the heck out of me. It was fun right up until the very last part....

I have successfully connected to the server. I've seen the messages, I've seen the logs. I've subscribed to the channel from the logs. Nothing. I've also managed to kick off the other client.

I would really appreciate a nudge because this is driving me insane. Thanks :smiley:

Same here XD.

Sociaslkas

• I was stuck on the last step for quite a while.
    My hint (please remove if too much of a spoiler):
    Just because you have something from the firmware doesn't mean that it will be exactly the same on the server. What could be different that stops you from getting the data you want?

maltedk

Sign In to comment.