rxvt-unicode terminal

Hi All, first post on the forums here for me.

I have been looking around for better terminals since I have found qterminal on kali and just about any other terminal lacking. I’ve been looking for one that increases readability and aesthetics: padding around the terminal, change font family to a custom font, change the line leading / spacing.

So far I have found uxrvt (or rxvt-unicode) which does all that, and I am loving the tabbed user experience in the terminal.

I am using the google font Source Code Pro which is the best font I have found for a terminal so far.

I have customised the terminal with the following (put into ~/.Xresources, have to relog, or run xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources and restart the terminal):
URxvt.lineSpace: 5
URxvt.font: xft:Source Code Pro:size=16
URxvt.color2: #fff
URxvt.color3: #111
URxvt.color4: white
URxvt.color12: white
URxvt.internalBorder: 25
URxvt.background: #111
URxvt.foreground: white
URxvt.scrollBar: false
URxvt.perl-ext-common: …,tabbed,…
URxvt.tabbed.tabbar-fg: 2
URxvt.tabbed.tabbar-bg: 3
URxvt.tabbed.tab-fg: 3
URxvt.tabbed.tab-bg: 2

I manually put it into fullscreen on a workspace.

I am using iTerm2 on macOS which achieves something similar. Windows no terminal as yet.

Would love to hear what others are doing to set up their terminals so they’re amazing to use.

Well then, for Windows apparently Windows Terminal now exists: GitHub - microsoft/terminal: The new Windows Terminal and the original Windows console host, all in the same place!

I dont think customising a terminal is that important. Just take the default terminal and start hacking !