Unable to use the smbmap

I started to play Nest box and I’m getting following error please some one help me,
When started using smbmap as following command
“smbmap -H 10.10.10.178 --no-banner”
I’m getting an error message call
“smbmap: error: unrecognized arguments: --no-banner”

Well, it’s literally written inside the error message: Remove the --no-banner parameter from your command :wink:

Type your comment> @Affixer said:

I started to play Nest box and I’m getting following error please some one help me,
When started using smbmap as following command
“smbmap -H 10.10.10.178 --no-banner”
I’m getting an error message call
“smbmap: error: unrecognized arguments: --no-banner”

and if you run smbmap by itself it will spit out a lot of things, but scroll down to the bottom and you will see these examples:

Examples:

smbmap -u jsmith -p password1 -d workgroup -H 192.168.0.1
smbmap -u jsmith -p ‘aad3b435b51404eeaad3b435b51404ee:da76f2c4c96028b7a6111aef4a50a94d’ -H 172.16.0.20
smbmap -u ‘apadmin’ -p ‘asdf1234!’ -d ACME -h 10.1.3.30 -x ‘net group “Domain Admins” /domain’

Type your comment> @HomeSen said:

Well, it’s literally written inside the error message: Remove the --no-banner parameter from your command :wink:

If i remove '–no-banner ’ then it’s showing another error call
[!] Authentication error on 10.10.10.178

@acidbat said:

and if you run smbmap by itself it will spit out a lot of things, but scroll down to the bottom and you will see these examples:

Examples:

smbmap -u jsmith -p password1 -d workgroup -H 192.168.0.1
smbmap -u jsmith -p ‘aad3b435b51404eeaad3b435b51404ee:da76f2c4c96028b7a6111aef4a50a94d’ -H 172.16.0.20
smbmap -u ‘apadmin’ -p ‘asdf1234!’ -d ACME -h 10.1.3.30 -x ‘net group “Domain Admins” /domain’

but which username and the password did I want to pass here, I tried my pc username and password but it doesn’t worked

@Affixer said:

but which username and the password did I want to pass here, I tried my pc username and password but it doesn’t worked

I cant remember getting smbmap to work on Nest but it might.

This is a retired box so there are walk throughs which can give you better help than you’d get here, and it does have its own discussion thread which might give more specific hints.

If you dont have the credentials to use for a credentialled smbmap scan, you need to find a different tool. Try to avoid becoming fixated on using $tool rather than solving $problem.

For example if you want a list of shares, this might be more effective smbclient -L 10.10.10.178 (just press enter when asked for a password)

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

I cant remember getting smbmap to work on Nest but it might.

This is a retired box so there are walk throughs which can give you better help than you’d get here, and it does have its own discussion thread which might give more specific hints.

If you dont have the credentials to use for a credentialled smbmap scan, you need to find a different tool. Try to avoid becoming fixated on using $tool rather than solving $problem.

For example if you want a list of shares, this might be more effective smbclient -L 10.10.10.178 (just press enter when asked for a password)

Thank you It’s working

Also, I have issue in smbmap
when I try to display all files and folder in the folder I can’t
smbmap -H 10.129.79.114 -R
smbmap -H 10.129.79.114 -R Replication
smbmap: error: unrecognized arguments: -R

how to solve it?