Official Blackfield Discussion

Official discussion thread for Blackfield. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Comments

• I'm sure that this will be a nightmare. Let see what this box will bring! 😁
  • This will be a hard one again I suppose, since Blunder was rated Easy?

• edited June 6

Nothing is easy for me :cold_sweat: the machines are either hard or way way over my head

• @Linoge Don't worry bro at some day you will surely have these machines .Beginning is always hard.

• WHAT in the holy heck... THAT is a ridiculous list!

• no web just windows stuff wkwkwk or not enought enum? :dizzy:

• @Linoge said:

Nothing is easy for me :cold_sweat: the machines are either hard or way way over my head

Honestly - I feel the same. Once a box has been rooted it is easy to say "do this" or make suggestions, but this masks the fact that getting there includes all kinds of mistakes.

All I can say is @offsecin is spot on but that feeling is part of the fun. If you could drop a box easily, you wouldn't feel as good when you do it.

Keep going. Relish the learning and never feel bad about mistakes or a lack of knowledge.

TazWake

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible!

Also: https://www.nohello.com/

• User blood: 00 days, 03 hours, 31 mins, 13 seconds. ago. Machine is up 45 mins....

• Type your comment> @Wrebra said:

User blood: 00 days, 03 hours, 31 mins, 13 seconds. ago. Machine is up 45 mins....

Bloods are always off by 3 hours so it was 31 minutes when someone got user blood.

• edited June 6

Type your comment> @TheT3rminat0r said:

Type your comment> @Wrebra said:

User blood: 00 days, 03 hours, 31 mins, 13 seconds. ago. Machine is up 45 mins....

Bloods are always off by 3 hours so it was 31 minutes when someone got user blood.

Thanks for explaining. Learned something already from this box ;-)

(...31 mins. incredible, I'm still enumerating stuff. LOL)

• edited June 7

Everything seems interesting but no leads yet
    Edit: Got 1 user account but how to migrate onto next ?

• hmmm

• have smaller list of users now. have creds... stuck on the never ending loop of enumerations :(

• I've been able to use the creds in multiple places, but nothing super useful from the output yet...

Hack The Box

• edited June 6

Type your comment> @panic said:

I've been able to use the creds in multiple places, but nothing super useful from the output yet...

so i am not on a rabbit hole then. that is reassuring. I think we are at the same place... a few keyclicks (hopefully) from reaching next milestones.

EDIT... that moment when you realize you had more than what you had. You were just to occupied elsewhere. facepalm

• Same here...

Hack The Box

• So far, quite a pretty nice machine.
    Got access to 2 users, but still no shell :D
    I can access some (a lot) interesting files, but the cat (and katz) is failing me, so far. Wondering if I should start throwing bigger lists with rules files against the juicy info I found. Or if I should rather look elsewhere.

Hack The Box
    GREM | OSCE | GASF | eJPT

• I have first user and working on second. Just saw the thread.

• edited June 7

Got the first flag, but cant find a way to get a shell. Is it necessary for the next step? Or still more smb enum??

EDIT: Forget it. A port initially close is now open

• edited June 7

Got user! Fun box so far... now to challenge my Windows privesc skills (again)..

Hack The Box

• I know two users but not what to do with them. Could someone give me a little nudge please?

• edited June 7

Just a thought, isn't it good to have "[machine-name] - Official Discussion" as a thread name so it's easy to find or recognize?. Honestly I'm suggesting this because, it took me a while to find the thread for Blackfield. When we have more and more machines coming in the feature it will become more difficult imo.

• edited June 7

i found bunch of empty files on one of S*b shares not sure if im in right place

• Type your comment> @nav1n said:

Just a thought, isn't it good to have "[machine-name] - Official Discussion" as a thread name so it's easy to find or recognize?. Honestly I'm suggesting this because, it took me a while to find the thread for Blackfield. When we have more and more machines coming in the feature it will become more difficult imo.

same :dizzy:

• Spoiler Removed

• I must be down a Rabbit Hole. Only found a list of user names via a SMB Share...still working out what I can probe and do.

• Really stuck on this. only things I got so far are 2 (default) usernames and a list of shares. But I can't connect to any of the shares. Hint would be appreciated ...

Hack The Box

• edited June 7

Type your comment> @theonemcp said:

Really stuck on this. only things I got so far are 2 (default) usernames and a list of shares. But I can't connect to any of the shares. Hint would be appreciated ...

You should be able to connect to at least 1 share, and work from here after.

'These violent delights have violent ends'

• Really stuck as well. I have a huge list of usernames, but no idea how to use them, none of the things I tried worked. Any hints?

Hack The Box

• Spoiler Removed

Sign In to comment.