Forum 'Type your comment' drafts bug

Every time i view a thread the forums think i’m starting to write a comment bc of the placeholder ‘type your comment’ text. it doesn’t affect my experience hugely and I imagine someone is probably already aware of this but i figured i’d point it out. Sorry if this is breaking any kind of rule or anything, couldn’t find anywhere to report bugs like this

I can confirm that the same thing happens to me. I have to periodically clean my drafts list.

@5y64r1t3 said:

Every time i view a thread the forums think i’m starting to write a comment bc of the placeholder ‘type your comment’ text. it doesn’t affect my experience hugely and I imagine someone is probably already aware of this but i figured i’d point it out.

Yeah - it is a bit frustrating but only if you care about how many drafts you have.

Sorry if this is breaking any kind of rule or anything, couldn’t find anywhere to report bugs like this

However, it might not be something they are willing to fix at this time as I think it is down to the forum software rather than HTB’s implementation. If this is the case, it might be better to wait until they change the backend and hopefully the problem will go away.

I find it more annoying that when you quote someone, it puts that “Type your comment” in at the beginning of the quote if you hadn’t already deleted it lol but yeah, I was planning to raise this and a few other issues with HTB when I speak to them soon. Will let you know the outcome

Sweet yeah I figured I couldn’t have been the first to notice but it also wouldn’t hurt to point out. Now if I can just get this mssqlclient to connect…

Type your comment> @tasidonya said:

I can confirm that the same thing happens to me. I have to periodically clean my drafts list.

How do you clean drafts list?

@drforbin said:
Type your comment> @tasidonya said:

How do you clean drafts list?
You can see it in the side menu, the option is titled “My Drafts”

Then it would be a little hard to see, but on the left-hand side of your draft if you hover over it with your mouse you will see a little grey ‘X’ that you can click and delete a message. (On the screenshot I am just showing the area where it is supposed to appear once you hover over it)

thank you sir!!!