Travel

Comments

• @myrtle said:

I would really appreciate a nudge for me*****edand d****g.p*p!

Update: found it

Could use a nudge, here, too. I know how to "see" it, but I struggle with setting my own (can explain in more detail via PM, but don't want to spoil too much ;) ).

Hack The Box
    GREM | OSCE | GASF | eJPT

• Stuck in m*******ed S**F I can execute things, but dont know how to get a shell from this, any help would be very appreciated.

• edited May 18

Finally rooted.
    Wow, what a ride. Not very hard, but very uncommon and "real" at the same time.

Initial foothold: old school > new school. And try to not miss a byte while copy-pasting :blush:
    User: look around, don't get stuck in one place. Look around again.
    Root: It's easy, just try the other way if the one you have chosen doesn't work.

• edited May 18

Restarted box, but all tcp/udp ports are closed/filtered.
    Just takes some loong time to start...

• edited May 18

would really like a nudge on root, i found s**, some stuff in L*** and something that only returns **4.
    but no idea that to do/look-at next

update: found my way forward, then missed a bit hint a client program gave me

• Foothold: Read carefully, and leave no stone unturned.
    Blindly guessing what's going on won't help, try it locally.
    If everything looks right and it isn't working, try some counting.
    User: Pretty basic enumeration
    Root: It's easier to change other people than yourself.

clubby789

• GCIH
      If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already, what you've tried etc (I won't respond to profile comments, or on box release night). And remember to +respect me if I helped you ; )
  • finally rooted with a little help from @svgonloader
    great box, learned a lot of very useful stuff :3

0x41

• edited May 18

Finally rooted. Thank you @svgonloader and @br0k3nc0rk for the nudges along the way to initial foothold. Also, thank you @maaaaaa for the idea exchange through the course of getting into the machine :)
    Thank you and congrats @xct and @jkr for a very original machine. I really loved it and learned a lot :)

Hack The Box
    GREM | OSCE | GASF | eJPT

• whats going on why the machine gets reset non stop ? like 77 recets so far ? LOL

• edited May 18

Spoiler Removed

• Have got a shell after some fantastic teamwork. Any hints for getting from d***** to something a bit more functional?

![DarkAngel3007](https://www.hackthebox.eu/badge/image/242475)
    DM for hints, if you do I need more info than 'help with...' what commands etc have you tried?
  • Spoiler Removed

• Spoiler Removed

• edited May 20

oh, finally rooted,

Good work everyone.

Keep Hacking and Keep Safe.

• Stuck with the m*****e S*** I can write in the memory and overwrite what we can see in the d****g output, but I don't know how it can be useful to get a shell.
    Also there is the ls directory found in the R Template, I don't know if it's a rabbit hole

• edited May 19
    > @TheWorld said:
    > Stuck with the m*****e S*** I can write in the memory and overwrite what we can see in the d****g output, but I don't know how it can be useful to get a shell.
    > Also there is the ls directory found in the R Template, I don't know if it's a rabbit hole

Think about what kind of data you're overwriting and how you can use that to your advantage

0x41

• Type your comment> @TheWorld said:

Stuck with the m*****e S*** I can write in the memory and overwrite what we can see in the d****g output, but I don't know how it can be useful to get a shell.
    Also there is the ls directory found in the R Template, I don't know if it's a rabbit hole

I am in same spot

• I am in the **-login page is it a rabbit hole, any nudge would be much appreciated

Starksparrow

• For those stuck with m******ed:
    It is not a rabbit hole but definitely another type of rodent.
    When you figure that out d***g may be the key.
    When you're in trouble be mindful of how you are going to escape.

• @Shellz said:

For those stuck with m******ed:
    It is not a rabbit hole but definitely another type of rodent.
    When you figure that out d***g may be the key.
    When you're in trouble be mindful of how you are going to escape.

This thing is driving me crazy, second day now! :D

• Rooted :D after long journey :D
    Personally this my best box so far .

• Fuzzing the *g** folder in the sub is a rabbit hole?

Check out my blog
    Always happy to help! but please consider dropping some respect. ^^

• @3l0nMu5k said:
    Fuzzing the *g** folder in the sub is a rabbit hole?

You dont need to fuzz if you have a handy tool for it.

• OMG, I don't find the password for the ***g user ****n. neither on the site nor in rockyou. I see this as my only way in. I don't get the comment with the **S and dont find anything related to its developers, i.e. don't know how to access this. please send me a nudge, wasted all day on that.

• I've get user, thanks @ElVi7MaJoR for help in foothold :)

• Hello, I'm confused on my priv esc. I was able to be a root but I can't find the root.txt.
    I can't read or mount also.

Could someone tell me where did I go wrong?

• edited May 22

Finally user. Foothold is a long journey. Somehow my exploit is working locally but it doesn't work against remote machine. Thanks to @polarbearer for the help.

User is easier than foothold. Need some rest before take the root.

• Type your comment> @LeapTruTime said:

Could someone tell me where did I go wrong?

PM me.

b3nn
    PM for nudges, but tell me what you've got so far. If I helped you, remember to give respect.

• Type your comment> @Warlord711 said:

You dont need to fuzz if you have a handy tool for it.

Gotcha thanks.

Check out my blog
    Always happy to help! but please consider dropping some respect. ^^

• rooted wow i loved this box <3

thanks @xct & @jkr

Sign In to comment.